Overlooking the beautiful Cairns Esplanade and offering stunning views of the Coral Sea, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns is surrounded by lush tropical rainforest gardens, and is only a short distance from the city center, and lots of shopping, dining and leisure opportunities. Cairns Lagoon and Cairns Casino are just moments away, and guests can enjoy close proximity to famous Cairns attractions. Book a tour of the Daintree Tropical Rainforest, the Great Barrier Reef or the Atherton Tablelands at our onsite tour desk.Boasting floor-to-ceiling windows that fill the room with natural light, the inviting guest rooms and suites at this Cairns hotel offer a refrigerator, a wall mounted TV, a large desk, WiFi (fee applies) and a luxurious Sweet Dreams?? by DoubleTree bed. Our stylish restaurant, Siroccos, offers views of the hotel's rainforest atrium, and serves tempting Mediterranean specialties. 24-hour Room Service is also available for your convenience.Exercise with contemporary cardio and weights equipment in the complimentary fitness center, and enjoy a soothing dip in the outdoor swimming pool as you admire beautiful views of the waterfront. Ensure that your meeting, conference or wedding is a successful one by holding it at our Cairns hotel. We provide six air-conditioned meeting spaces, and our friendly, professional team is always on hand to help. Print documents in the 24-hour business center, and take advantage of the latest A/V technology.Feel welcome the moment you arrive at our hotel in Cairns with a signature DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie at check-in.
Hotels in Cairns
Weather and Best Time to Travel
Cairns is one of the top holiday destinations in Australia. It is located on the eastern coast in the state of Queensland. Many travellers from across the world flock this wonderful paradise on Earth to explore its rich tropical assets. It is famous for marine adventures like scuba diving, snorkelling, and reef cruises. Exploring the Great Barrier Reef, the bushlands, rainforest areas, and kayaking are some of the favorite activities that tourist engages upon. It experiences a tropical climate with the wet season starting from November to May. It has hot and humid summers and warm winters with annual temperatures ranging from 23 degrees Celsius to 29.4 degrees Celsius.
Cairns Airport is the main airport serving North Queensland. It offers several domestic flights to all Australian capitals and other international destinations across the Asia Pacific region. It has two terminals serving international and domestic airlines. It takes approximately 10 minutes to walk across the two terminals while exploring some of the best duty-free shops, souvenir stalls, and some exclusive showrooms. The Airport provides some of the best world-class amenities including free Wi-Fi, Forex exchange, duty-free shops, and grocery shops. Getting to Cairns from Cairns Airport is easy. Take a taxi or a bus from the Airport shuttle bus and taxi terminals to get to the city centre.
The Airport is located approximately 6 km from the main city centre. You can easily book a rental car at a very affordable cost which depends on availability. The Airport Connect charges around AUD 6 per person on a single trip with a 15minutes travel time to the final destination. Other cheaper shuttle buses are available at a similar price range with a duration of 45 minutes. The Cairns Airport Shuttle charges around AUD 15-20 per person on a one way trip with 20 minutes duration. Besides the shuttle buses, you can hire a taxi or Uber at a slightly higher rate with less travel time and a comfortable ride.
Getting to Cairns
There are several flights offering direct flight and connecting flight services to Cairns from both domestic and international destinations. It is connected to some of the major cities in the Asia Pacific region, New Zealand, etc. Some of the flight services operating in this route are Qantas Airlines, Virgin Australia, Japan Airlines, Cathay Pacific, etc. to name a few.
Accommodations in Cairns
Plan your travel well in advance to get some of the best Cairns hotel deals. Here is a list of some of the best 5 Star hotels in Cairns –
- Hilton Cairns is located near a shopping centre and with close proximity to the Cairns Convention Center and Airport. It offers the best amenities and is located near the Great Barrier Reef. It offers free Wi-Fi and a private balcony for the guests. It has an outdoor pool area, spa centre, lush gardens, and three 3 different dining options for the guests. Room rates range from AUD 145 and may vary accordingly.
- The Pullman Cairns International Hotel is another elegant hotel with modern décor and one of the most sought after convenient location for the guests. It is located near some of the most popular tourist attractions – Trinity Wharf, Cairns Casino, etc. It has premium rooms with the best amenities and private balconies for the guests. This City Center accommodation offers award-winning restaurants that serve the best Australian cuisines. Room rates start from AUD 171 per night for a person and may vary accordingly.
Some of the renowned 3 Star Cairns hotels are listed below –
- The Crystal Garden Resort and Restaurant is a 3-star hotel located very near to the Cairns Esplanade Lagoon and a 30-minute drive from the Palm Cove Beach. It is easily accessible by bus and taxi. It is approximately around 2.8 km from the city centre. It offers recreational facilities along with the best amenities for a comfortable stay. It is the right choice for travellers looking for the best values and comfort. Room rates range from AUD 92 and above which may vary according to the season and availability of rooms.
- Tropical Heritage Cairns offers various accommodation types based on your requirements including presidential and executive suites. It is located in close proximity to the city centre. It offers one of the best amenities including a spa, swimming pool, etc for you to rejuvenate after your day’s city tour. It is located approximately 4.8 km from the airport and only a couple of blocks from the Esplanade. Room rates range from AUD 91 and may vary accordingly.
- If you are looking for a budget hotel with all the basic amenities with good hygiene and best in services, the Royal Palm Villas Hotel is the right place. It is one of the best cheap hotels in Cairns. It is approximately 10 minutes walk from the Esplanade and approximately 4.4 km from the Airport and a few kilometres away from the city train terminals. It is located at the heart of the city with some of the best facilities at affordable prices. The room costs in the range of AUD 63 for one night stay for a single person which may change accordingly.
Things to do in Cairns
Queensland is surrounded by natural beauty and there are several Cairns attractions which should be included in your travel list. Enjoy the Esplanade which is loaded with cafes and restaurants. Explore and enjoy the beauty of the promenade while you soak up some sun and swim across the lagoon. Enjoy a reef cruise across the Great Barrier Reef or dive in for some snorkelling sessions with your family. Also, take an educational tour and experience the aboriginal native cultures of the rainforest dwellers at Tjapukai Aboriginal National Park.
Top Food Destinations
The Esplanade has some of the best restaurants that offer fresh seafood cuisines, barbeque lounges, and other world-class meals. Try Rusty’s Market at Grafton Street for Asian foods and tropical fruits of your choice. Explore the 15 years old beachside Italian restaurant at Trinity Beach for some fresh oysters, pasta, and seafood.
Log in to Trip.com and book Cairns hotels in advance to avoid last-minute hurdles. You can buy travel tickets and reserve and choose among some of the best Cairns hotels with our 24X7 customer support while we take care of your travel itineraries.