Hotels in Gold Coast
Weather, the Best time to travel Gold Coast
The beautiful coastal city of Gold Coast is located in Queensland, a state in Australia. Gold Coast is an iconic holiday destination known across the world for its scenic surfing beaches. The city is ideal for pleasure-loving tourists who want to spend their holidays lazing around on the sunny beaches, surfing the waves, and enjoying the stunning sunsets. Visitors get marveled by Gold coast’s stunning natural and physical beauty. Tourists enjoy the cosmopolitan city with high-rises dotted skyline complemented with laid back beach-holiday attitude, year-round sunny weather, and rainforest hinterland.
Gold Coast is located just 66 kilometers from Australia’s capital city Brisbane and just nearby to New South Wales. The close distance from two prominent cities has resulted in the Gold Coast being a significant tourist destination in Australia. It is the second-largest city of Queensland and the largest non-capital city of Australia.
The coastal city has a humid subtropical climate with mild to warm weather throughout the year. The summers are hot and humid, whereas the winters are mildly cold. The pleasant temperatures throughout the year, especially the winter months make it a popular holiday destination for tourists who like warm and sunny weather.
Tip: Do visit the nearby cities of Coolangatta and Burleigh Heights to enjoy the less crowded beaches.
Airport in Gold Coast
Gold Coast is served by Gold Coast Airport (OOL). It is an international airport earlier known as Coolangatta Airport. The airport is located in the suburb of Bilinga in the southern part of the Gold Coast near Coolangatta. The runway of Gold Coast Airport is almost adjacent to the common border of New South Wales and Queensland. The busy airport ranks sixth in Australia, with a vast number of tourists visiting the city.
Tourists have several commuting options for getting to Gold Coast from Gold Coast Airport. The airport is located on the Gold Coast highway, so it is a direct route of most attractions and holiday destinations. Tourists can take a taxi, rental cab, bus, or shuttle. Several hotels have their shuttle service for pick up of their guests. Airport shuttles provided by private operators are also available for travelers to travel to Brisbane. Scheduled airport shuttles are also available for passengers.
Tip: Book the airport transport in advance, as taxis are expensive.
Transportation in Gold Coast
Local travel in Gold Coast is convenient as the city has a wide range of commuting options such as buses, light rail, taxis, ferries, and renting cars/bikes/bicycles. One can travel to any part of the city or nearby areas by bus from Translink or Surfside Buslines. The city also has a dedicated night-time bus service called NightLink. Bus fare is very reasonable, with fares starting at AUD 3.31.
To travel to all main tourist attractions or traveling on the Gold Coast highway G: Link, the light rail service is recommended. The fares are the same as the bus service, and tourists can purchase the go card to travel on both bus and rail.
Gold Coast has a wide network of waterways and canals. To travel to the nearby islands or to explore the waterways, tourists can use the water taxi and ferry services. The water taxi service is a bit expensive, and a one-way fare starts at AUD 50. The taxi service is excellent but expensive.
Tip: One can rent a bicycle on the Gold Coast as the city has good biking lanes.
How to get to the destination
Gold Coast is a popular tourist destination in Australia, so several flights are operating from all major cities of Australia to the Gold Coast. One can take flights by Jetstar Airways and Qantas Airways from Sydney for Gold Coast. There are several flights daily starting from 6:00 am. The flight takes approximately 1 hour, 20 minutes, and flight fare starts from Au $ 132.
From Melbourne to Perth, there are several flights daily. Most flights are by Jetstar Airways and Qantas Airways. The Melbourne to Gold Coast flight takes approximately 2 hours, and the flight from Perth to Gold Coast takes 7 hours approximately.
Gold Coast is very near to Brisbane, so there are no flights from Brisbane to Gold Coast. One can schedule an airport shuttle, take a bus or rent a car to travel between the cities.
Tip: Book advance tickets to avoid surge prices.
Hotel info, prices for different hotel range
Tourists have a wide choice for accommodation to choose from 5-star hotels in Gold Coast to cheap hotels in Gold Coast as per their budget. The best areas and prices for different types of Gold Coast hotels are:
- 5 star – Main beach with prices starting at AUD 150.
- 4 Star- Miami Marketta and Surfers Paradise with prices starting from AUD 90.
- 3 Star- Broad Beach and Mermaid Beach and price start at AUD 70.
- 2 Star- South Port with a starting price of AUD 30.
Tip: Book hotels in advance if planning a trip from mid-November to December.
Gold Coast Tourist Information
Top tourist attractions in Gold Coast
The metropolitan city is full of beaches, theme parks, inland canals, waterways, and hiking trails. Tourists are spoiled for choice by so many things to do in Gold Coast. Prominent Gold Coast attractions are:
- DreamWorld- Dream World is the biggest theme park in Australia located in the Gold Coast. The theme park consists of several themed lands. Each themed land has several rides, shows, animal exhibits, merchandise shops, and eateries.
- Warner Bros Movie World- This is a large film studio cum theme park in Gold Coast. The park is a part of the entertainment precinct adjacent to Village Roadshow film studio and near to Wet’n’Wild water park. The Warner Bros Movie World has numerous movie-themed rides, shows, and attractions.
- Tamborine National Park – It is a beautiful national park with many waterfalls and hiking trails. The national park also has the Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk, which is an eco-park with a stunning elevated boardwalk going through the trees.
Tip: Surfers and beach lovers should not miss visiting Burleigh Heads and Snapper Rocks.
Top food places in Gold Coast
The food scene in Gold Coast is vibrant and diverse. The city is known for its fine-dining restaurants, specialty coffee shops, and boutique breweries. One can find a diverse cuisine culture here. The best places for eating in Gold Coast are:
- Surfers Paradise- This is the best area for eating and a good night-life. The area is known for its beachfront market, pubs, night clubs, restaurants, and casinos. Enjoy the evening views of the city from the SkyPoint observation deck of the nearby Q1 building.
- Tedder Avenue – Tedder Avenue along the Main beach has many restaurants serving delicious food. One can find restaurants serving different cuisines here. Also, the area is lined with good shops and bars.
- Miami Marketta- This is the ideal place to eat any type of cuisine or food. The area is lined with food stalls and shops selling clothes and artworks. Tourist especially comes on Wednesday and weekends to enjoy live music with good food.
Tip: To enjoy an exciting dining experience, go to any hotel/restaurant located on the canal.
Gold Coast is a beautiful coastal city, perfect for a relaxing beach vacation. Plan your Gold Coast vacation with the help of Trip.Com. You can easily book Gold Coast hotels with flight bookings in a few easy steps. The Trip.com site collates all details about Gold Coast hotel deals with information about food, weather, tourist attractions, transportation, etc. The efficient 24-hour customer support is there for any assistance with your booking and answering any query. With Trip.com, you’ll be assured to have a memorable vacation.