Guozijian Museum, also known as The Imperial College, a remarkable academic complex built to present the value of Chinese education, was the administrative headquarters of education during the Yuan, Ming and Qing Dynasties. Neighboring The Confucius and Lama Temples, Guozijian was where Chinese men would be educated to become civil servants of the imperial court. Rigorous examination took place for admittance and progression; it was seen as the highest honor for a man and his family in ancient times.
In the temple you will not only be treated to a magnificent dance recital, featuring traditional dress and the recital of Confucian doctrines, performed by students from a prestigious Beijing dance school; but you will also learn much about the influence and importance of Confucian doctrine and heritage both then and now.
Next you will walk through the historic hutong area. Different from other hutong tours, this tour focuses on exploring local residential life in the context of its history. Besides viewing the stunning architecture, you will take a closer look into it’s significance and enjoy strolling through an open-air market and tree-lined lanes.
The tour ends with a change of pace, ending at an architectural anomaly that you may be surprised, although enchanted, to find at the end of your walk through the hutongs.
Departure Time: 9:00am
Departure Point: Exit D of Yonghegong Lama Temple Station, Subway Line 2 or 5
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Lama Temple (Yonghegong)
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Confucius and Guozijian Museum
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Adult: Age 15 to 64
Youth: Age 7 to 14
Child: Age 4 to 6
Senior: Age 65 to 100
Infant: Age 0 to 3
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 6 people per booking
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund