After breakfast at your hotel, our guide will pick up from your hotel and we will drive through winding hills towards the Sacred Valley until reaching the Piuray Lagoon, located near the town of Chinchero. In the nearby community of Tauca, you will start the 7 to 8 hours hike. As you set out on the trail, you will be rewarded with the breathtaking sight of the sunâ€™s early morning rays on Mount Veronica, slowly lighting up the entire Vilcabamba Range. You will gradually head uphill towards the Pucajasa Pass, where you will enjoy incredible views of the mountain range that surrounds the Sacred Valley. The crossing at the pass is about 200 meters long, and located at over 14,000 feet (4393 meters). From here you will begin to descend again and start to see sections of an Inca trail. Along the way the landscape will change as you head towards lower altitudes. Upon arrival at Huchuy Qosqo, located at 12,099 feet (3688 meters), you will stop to enjoy our Boxed Lunch and snacks. After a short rest, you will begin to explore this archeological complex where you will see well-preserved ruins that are characterized by double jamb doorways, three story houses, and mixed constructions of stone and adobe, sprawling over the mountain top and surrounded by spectacular views of the surrounding mountain terrain. After exploring Huchuy Qosqo, you will continue hiking across open country before descending along a steep trail into the village of Lamay. Here you will meet our private transport and start your drive back to your Cusco hotel.
Distance: 9.07 miles (14.60 km)
Maximum altitude: 14,557 feet (4437 meters)
Gradient: Moderate to Challenging
Optional: We can end this tour in any hotel at the Sacred valley OR at Ollantaytambo train station if you have a connection train to Aguas Caliente (Machupicchu town).
Departure Time: 06:30am
Departure Point: Any Cusco Hotel
Return Details: Any Cusco hotel OR if you wish we can drop off you to any hotel located in the Sacred valley ORÂ Ollantaytambo train station.
- Private transportation from and to Cusco
- Boxed Lunch
- 2 litters of water per person
- Professional English or Spanish-speaking guide
- Pair of walking sticks
- Meals (Breakfast and Dinner)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Adult: Age 18 to 70
Youth: Age 10 to 17
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 10 years
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2Â people per booking is required
Passport name, number, date of birth, gender and country is required at time of booking for all participants