This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zurich, Zurich
Depart from central Zurich (Sihlquai Coach Terminal) in an air-conditioned minivan and set out on a scenic drive along beautiful Lake Zürich via the City of Rapperswil with its medieval castle to the gently rolling hills of the Appenzellerland with photo stops en route.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Stein, Stein, Canton of Appenzell
Discover a typically Swiss farm and taste a glass of fresh cow milk.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kräuterzauber, Hasen 189, 9063 Stein, Switzerland
Visit an enchanting herbal garden of a natural cosmetics manufacturer.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Appenzeller Schaukaeserei, Dorf 711, Stein 9063 Switzerland
Find out how natural Swiss milk and herbs are turned into Switzerland's tangiest cheese at the Appenzeller show dairy in Stein AR. Marvel at the imposing cellar storing up to 12,500 wheels of cheese and try to guess the top secret ingredients of the world-famous Appenzeller cheese during a cheese tasting.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hoher Kasten, Dorf 22, Bruelisau 9058 Switzerland
Your tour continues to the village of Brulisau where you'll board the aerial cable car to the panoramic Mt. Hoher Kasten. At 6,000 feet (1,800 meters), enjoy breathtaking views over the Rhine Valley and Austria's Voralberg region. Go for a walk through the Alpine Garden or enjoy lunch at the spectacular revolving mountain restaurant (not included).
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Appenzellerland Tourismus AI, Hauptgasse 4, 9050 Appenzell, Switzerland
Follow your tour guide on a walk through the quaint village of Appenzell and learn about the ancient traditions and customs of this region while browsing local specialty shops in the pedestrian zone with its decoratively painted wooden facades.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Appenzell, Appenzell, Canton of Appenzell
Visit a boutique chocolate manufacture and follow the Maître Chocolatier's explanation of the artisan craft of chocolate making before indulging your senses during a chocolate tasting. Enjoy some time at leisure before heading back to Zürich.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Zurich, Zurich
After a great day we will drop you off again in Zürich.
Duration: 1 minute
Departure Time: 8:30 AM
Departure Point: Best of Switzerland Tours AG, Sihlquai Coach Parking, Limmatstrasse 4, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
Return Details: Returns to original departure point
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 8:30 AM
- Scenic drive through the stunning, green and hilly countryside
- Visit to Appenzeller diary including museum and cheese tasting
- Aerial cable car ride up to Mt. Hoher Kasten with its revolving restaurant and breath-taking views
- Visit of a boutique Chocolate Manufacture, chocolate tasting included
- Visit of a typical Swiss cow farm
- Visit of the herbal garden "Kräuterzauber"
- Guided walk through the charming and traditional village of Appenzell
- Goodie bag with typical Swiss products from each visited attraction
- Transportation in comfortable Mercedes minibus, free WIFI included
- Entry/Admission - Kräuterzauber
- Entry/Admission - Appenzeller Schaukaeserei
- Entry/Admission - Hoher Kasten
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Infant: Age 0 to 5
Adult: Age 16 to 99
Child: Age 6 to 15
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Not wheelchair accessible
Near public transportation
Infant seats available
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Participants older than 16 must have a valid Covid certificate for the show dairy. Until 10 Oct 2021, any proof of full vaccination (Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech, Johnson & Johnson or AstraZeneca) is accepted. As of 11 Oct 2021, you will have to exchange your certificate for a Swiss or EU certificate.