IMPORTANT NOTE: If you require hotel pickup, then you must tell us the name of the hotel and preferably the street when you book. If guests do not inform us of the pickup location, we cannot pick you up.
Please be advised that Temples entrance tickets (passes) are NOT INCLUDED. Guests can buy their tickets at the temple sites.
Start off your day with a long drive to the ruins of Beng Mealea Temple. Beng Mealea or Bung Mealea is a temple of the Angkor Wat period situated about 40 km east of the main group of temples at Angkor, Cambodia, on the ancient royal highway to Preah Khan Kompong Svay. It was built as a Hindu temple in the early 12th century by Suryavarman II but has been neglected and is now dilapidated and overgrown. Despite it's state, the quality of architecture and decorations has drawn the attention of French scholars since its rediscovery. Beng Mealea is thought to have been a prototype for Angkor Wat.
Next up, Koh Ker Temple. Koh Ker served as the capital for Jayavarman IV, who reigned from 928 to 942. He used this short period for a prolific construction programme on an unprecedented scale, collecting taxes and hiring labour forces from all parts of his Khmer empire.
Koh Ker is abandoned to the forests of the north of Siem Reap and is still surrounded by numerous interesting structures, e.g. linga-shrines, Prasat Thom, Prasat Pram and Prasat Chrap.
If a guide has been booked, then at both venues, the guide explains what the guests are about to see; the history, the culture and the religions that were at play.
You’ll be hungry after the long drive and sightseeing, so settle into one of the restaurants nearby, and dig into some traditional Cambodian curries, soups and stir-fries.
Then settle back for the long ride back to town.
Departure Time: Tour start time is at 8:30am. The complimentary local pickup service will call at the guests hotel. Guests must be ready for pickup and wait at the lobby from 8:15am onwards. All our vehicles are marked with our name and logo on a large sign. Beware of imitators.
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
- Cold towels
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup (8:30am)
- Transport by Army Jeep
- Hotel Dropoff
- Beng Mealea entrance fee (Angkor Wat ticket is required)
- Koh Ker entrance fee (USD10)
- Professional Guide (English-speaking guide USD30 extra on request)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Adult: Age 0 to 99
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Not wheelchair accessible
Dress code is comfortable and casual. Respect the ancient religious grounds when you visit them.
Bring insect repellent
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate