Continue to the nearby Blue Mosque, passing Istanbul Hippodrome on the way. Chariot races were held here at the time of the Ottoman Empire, and it gained a reputation as the hub of sporting and political activity in the city. Before entering the mosque, stop for photos and gaze in admiration at its six minarets that provide an iconic backdrop to Istanbul’s cityscape. Then head inside to marvel at its ceiling, adorned with bright blue Iznik tiles that attribute to the mosque’s name.
Prepare for an assault on your senses at the nearby Grand Bazaar as you browse the bustling shops and stalls that spill out into its frankincense-scented lanes. Pedaling everything from Turkish carpets to kebabs, this frantic market can be daunting to visitors, so let your guide show off its highlights while you soak up its ambiance.
Stop for lunch in a local restaurant, and then travel by coach to Topkapi Palace – one of the world’s oldest and biggest palaces. Now a significant museum, the palace seems to drip with dazzling ornamentation and artifacts at every turn. Explore its courtyards with your guide, and learn about the sultans and their harems that lived here from the 15th century.
Your tour finishes at your central Istanbul hotel.
Please note: Blue Mosque will be visited from outside on Friday mornings due to noon prayer. Grand Bazaar on Sundays will be replaced with authentic shops. Topkapı Palace on Tuesdays will be replaced with a tour to Byzantium, and Sultan Tombs on Mondays will be replaced with Little Hagia Sophia (St. Sergius & Bacchus). Hagia Sophia (Closed on Mondays; will be replaced with Undergournd Cistern).
Departure Time: 9:00 AM
Departure Point: Your centrally located Istanbul hotel
Return Details: Returns to original departure point at approximately 5pm09:00:
Tour option details are as follows:
Option Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Donations: Blue Mosque
- Entry/Admission - Hagia Sophia Museum / Church (Ayasofya)
- Entry/Admission - Topkapi Palace
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Infant: Age 0 to 2
Adult: Age 8 to 99
Child: Age 3 to 7
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Not wheelchair accessible
Please note: When reconfirming your booking, your local supplier will advise you on alternative meeting points for hotels which are not accessible