You will then travel the rest of the way by boat down the Kompong Phluk river and into the main village. The village is home to approximately 3000 predominately Khmer fishing people, where, depending on the time of year, you will either sail on through the main street of the village (when the water is high the roads become a river) or walk along it in the low water level season. Whichever way it is a great opportunity to see how the rural fishing villages work and people live and go about their daily tasks. You will see a few schools, a large Pagoda and many stilted homes, some towering as much as 9 meters high, which are built this way to adapt to the changing water levels. It is a lovely and peaceful place to visit anytime of the year. This tour will give you the opportunity to see how a vast majority of Cambodians live as fishermen or farmers and give you an insight into their way of life.
From there you will transfer into your small boat and get rowed through the flooded forest of Kompong Phluk (or if the water levels are low we walk through the treetop canopy walkway). You will then proceed onto the great lake of Tonle Sap itself and see the small floating village which moves in and out depending on the water levels throughout the year. The actual level of the lake can vary by up to 10 meters.
After seeing the floating village you will then make your way back down the river to the collection point where your minivan will be waiting for you to take you back to your guest house or hotel.
Departure Time: 9:00 AM
Departure Point: Your Siem Reap hotel or guesthouse
Return Details: Your Siem Reap hotel or guesthouse09:00:
Tour option details are as follows:
Option Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Professional tour guide
- Boat tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned cars or minivans
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Light fruit lunch
- All checkpoint fees
- Entry/Admission - Tonle Sap Lake
- Entry/Admission - Kompong Phluk
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Adult: Age 11 to 99
Child: Age 6 to 10
Infant: Age 0 to 5
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Most travelers can participate
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately