At the Kinabalu Park, enjoy a walk in the mountain garden to learn about the unique plants such as the carnivorous nepenthes, orchids and ferns. Be amazed by the different plant structures that have evolved in enabling them to survive in the tropical rainforest. Proceed for another 45 minutes to the eastern boundary of the park. Here, the montane oak-chestnut forest gives way to the lowland dipterocarp forest.
Trek uphill 30 minutes for an opportunity to witness life in the treetops as you walk along a Canopy walkway located 100 feet above ground level. You will see the number of epiphytes notably the Grammatophyllum Speciosum which is the world’s largest orchid and also known as the Queen of Orchids.
Time permitting, you may opt to dip your feet in the hot springs which is known to be therapeutic for the skin due to its sulphuric content or visit the nearby village reserves to view the largest flower in the world, the Rafflesia which is at your own expense.
Please note that there has been instances the canopy walkway have closed for maintenance. If the walkway closed, we will replace with a visit to the Tropical Garden.
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
Join In Mt Kinabalu Poring:
Tour option details are as follows:
Option Descriptions: Join with other like minded guest wishing to walk the trails at the base of Mt Kinabalu.
Pickup includedPrivate Mt Kinabalu Poring:
Option Descriptions: Enjoy the flexibility of your own private vehicle to move at your own pace and the full attention of a licensed guide solely focusing on your interest.
- Air conditioned vehicle with license English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup from Kota Kinabalu city hotels
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Kinabalu Park
- Entry/Admission - Poring Hot Springs
- Entry/Admission - Mount Kinabalu
- Video RM30 / Camera RM5 fees at the Canopy walkway
- Entrance fees to Rafflesia site (time permitting)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Adult: Age 12 to 70
Child: Age 2 to 11
Infant: Age 0 to 1
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A moderate amount of walking is involved on uneven ground and some steep sections along the trail.
Please wear flat walking shoes, hat, sun screen, raincoat/umbrella, insect repellent and light jacket (Temperature at Park is 24C), drinking water
Swimming in the Hot Springs are not recommended due to poor toilet and pool hygiene however if you still wish to proceed subject to time permitting, you would have to bring along swim wear, towel, change of clothing and toiletries
Time permitting, guest may opt to visit the nearby Rafflesia reserves or gardens managed by the local villagers at their own expense. The cost of entrance fees varies depending on location and also whether the Rafflesia is in bloom at that time