In 1975, what used to be Toul Sleng is a high school that became a detention and interrogation center when the Khmer Rouge took over. It became Security Prison 21 or S-21 where thousands of innocent Cambodian people, and several foreigners were tortured and killed. Maybe not for the weak-hearted, a visit to Toul Sleng Genocide Museum is intensely a depressing experience.
The school’s former classrooms were converted into tiny prison and torture chamber. Prisoners were photographed and forced to give an account of their autobiographies from childhood until they were arrested. The rooms display harrowing black and white pictures of its prisoners, some of which were taken after they were tortured. Many will cringe as they learn the methods by which the prisoners were gruelingly tortured to death.
You can hire a guide to walk through Toul Sleng will help you gain a better understanding of this part of Cambodia’s distasteful history. Yes, it is depressing, but it will give you more appreciation of how Cambodia got up from this tragic past.
Departure Time: 8:30 AM
Departure Point: Genocide Museum in Phnom Penh08:30:
Tour option details are as follows:
Option Departure Time: 8:30 AM
- Deliver to your hotel in the city at 8:30 am on the day of your visit
- Entry/Admission - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum
- The listed price does not include a $X parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in
- Food and drinks
- Local guide
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Other expenses
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 18 to 80
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Most travelers can participate
Children below 18 is not recommended
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is formal (cover shoulders and knees)
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers