This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hamilton Gardens, Hungerford Crescent, Hamilton East, Hamilton 3216, New Zealand
Departing Auckland at 7am you will take a pleasant drive south over the Bombay hills into the rich dairy farmland of the Waikato, following the Waikato River to Hamilton, our largest inland city. The Hamilton Gardens were awarded International Garden of The Year 2014. Not technically a botanical garden, but rather 21 themed gardens representing the art, beliefs, lifestyles, and traditions of different civilizations or historical garden styles.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: St Andrews Anglican Church, 85 Hamilton Road, Cambridge 3450, New Zealand
Onto Cambridge, billed as our most English like town, with it’s stately oak trees, village green and historic St Andrew’s Anglican Church 1881. Our lunch stop is taken here.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mighty River Domain, Lake Karapiro, 601 Maungatautari Road, Karapiro 3494, New Zealand
A short drive to Lake Karapiro and the hydro-electric power station on the Waikato River for a photo stop. The majestic 797m Mt Maungatautari (Sanctuary Mountain) looms in the background.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Hobbiton™ Movie Set Tours, 501 Buckland Road, Matamata 3472, New Zealand
Then on to Hobbiton, for your fascinating two hour guided tour over the most picturesque of private farmlands. The set has been completely rebuilt for the Hobbit. You'll see the Hobbit holes, the Green Dragon Inn, the Mill, double arched bridge and other structures. At tours end a complimentary cider, beer or ginger beer is included.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Time: 7:00 AM
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
Private homes, Serviced Apartments, Motels, anywhere within central Auckland and the inner suburbs, Auckland Airport.
Tour option details are as follows:
Option Departure Time: 7:00 AM
- Hamilton Gardens
- Hobbiton Movie set tour
- Waikato River/Lake Karapiro
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Hamilton Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton™ Movie Set Tours
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Adult: Age 14 to 99
Child: Age 1 to 13
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate