This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dujiangyan Panda Base, Dujiangyan 611830 China
Meet your driver at the lobby of your hotel in Chengdu city centre and drive for approximately 1.5 hours to the non-profit rescue and research center of Dujiangyan Giant Panda Center. The center has three sections: the breeding area, a semi-wild reintroduction area, and a reintroduction area.
You’ll have the opportunity to meet the panda keepers who work to create a natural environment for China’s most beloved animals, and receive a short training session in how to deal with the pandas. After that, you can participate in two panda feedings — one in the morning and one in the afternoon — washing and carrying fresh bamboo for them, and preparing food like fruit, carrots and panda cakes. These nutritional treats are made with shredded bamboo mixed by hand with rice and egg to create a large, solid cake. The pandas love them!
After your first volunteer session, enjoy a Chinese local lunch provided for you at the center’s cafeteria. Then you will spend about an hour visiting the panda gardens before you resume your volunteer work. In the afternoon, you’ll help clean the pandas’ indoor and outdoor enclosures, and depending on the caretaker's schedule perhaps you may have chance learn to record panda behavior or even assist with weighing the pandas.
You'll receive a volunteer certificate and the satisfaction of contributing to a great cause after the full day helping out with these animals. After this the tour ends and your driver will bring you back to your hotel
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Time: 7:00 AM
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 7:00 AM
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private vehicle or minivan
- Volunteering fees
- Panda keeper Lunch
- Panda keeper certificate
- Entry/Admission - Dujiangyan Panda Base
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Tour guide
Change & Refund Policies
- Once this product is successfully booked, it cannot be changed or canceled
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 8 to 85
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Minimum age is 8 years old
Not wheelchair accessible
Most travelers can participate
Please provide the passport numbers and names of all customers. It is a requirement of the Chengdu Tourism Bureau in order to book your travel insurance
Please change the setting of the mentioned products to make sure leaving passport number is compulsory.
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate