After the best views of New Zealand's biggest city? Auckland's iconic Sky Tower sits right on the corner of Victoria and Federal Streets within the city's CBD, a towering 328-meters (1,076 ft) tall from ground level to the top of its mast. It's the tallest tower in the Southern Hemisphere and the 25th tallest tower in the world, making it a must-do on any trip to Auckland and the best way to get stunning photos of this cool city.
If you're feeling the need for exercise, you can climb the 1,267 stairs all the way to the top, although most visitors like to relax and check out the ascending views from inside the elevator! The Sky Tower features three elevators with transparent glass, jetting you to the top of the observation deck and the revolving restaurant in just 40 seconds, where you can overlook all of Auckland City and 80km into the distance. The view is particularly sumptuous during the sunset, when the city transitions from light to bright lights. The transparent glass floor at the Sky Deck will also give you a view of Auckland from a different angle and allow for some great photos.
You can reach three viewpoints with one ticket: the Sky Deck at 220m, the Main Observation Deck at 186m, and the Sky Cafe at 182m. If you're feeling daring, you can also advance to the top floor for the Sky Walk (not included in admission ticket). Hop out on the 1.2 meter wide platform at 192 meters in the air - no fence, no railings, only a safety rope and pure adrenaline! Even more daring is the Sky Jump (not included in admission ticket), a 192-metre (630 ft) jump from the observation deck, during which a jumper can reach up to 85 km/h (53 mph). It's a thrill-seeker's dream!
The Sky Tower is also part of Sky City, a world-class entertainment complex and casino in the heart of Auckland's CBD. Enjoy 20 bars & restaurants, two hotels, a casino, a theater, as well as the iconic tower. Plus, it's all right in the heart of the city, making it easy to explore the rest of Auckland after your visit.
- Sky Tower admission ticket
- All personal expenses and expenses not mentioned in the inclusions
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 23:59 at least 1 day before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 23:59 at least 1 day before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- All times are in local time
- Please present the printed voucher or e-voucher on your phone to receive your admission ticket
- Opening Time May to October: 09:00-22:00
- Opening Time November to April: Sunday to Thursday 8:30-22:30; Friday and Saturday: 8:30-23:30
- Please check the official site on the day of your visit for up to schedules
- Address: Corner of Victoria and Federal Streets, Auckland
Adult: Age 15+
Child: Age 6 to 14
Free admission for children under 6