Upon your arrival at the Lhasa airport, your tour guide will greet you and escort you to your hotel and help you get checked in. You will have the rest of the day and evening to rest and relax to become acclimatized to the higher altitude of Tibet.
Day 02: Lhasa City Sightseeing - Potala Palace - Jokhang Temple - Barkhor Street (B)
After breakfast at the hotel, we will visit the incredible Potala Palace – the highest palace in the world. As we climb to the entrance gate, you will have a spectacular view over all of Lhasa. After exploring the numerous interesting chapels and learning about the traditional culture and history of the palace and the city, we will move on to the spiritually significant Jokhang Temple, one of the most important temples in Tibetan Buddhism. To see the “real” Lhasa, we’ll stroll through Barkhor Street with its thriving local market where you can pick up some local Tibetan, Nepalese and Indian handicrafts and souvenirs.
Day 03: Lhasa City Sightseeing - Sera Monastery – Drepung Monastery
Today features visits to 2 of the most important monasteries in Tibetan Buddhism – the Drepung and Sera Monasteries. Drepung Monastery is located on the hillside west of Lhasa – at one time the world’s largest monastery with about 10,000 monks living there. A pleasant walk up the hill leads to the solemn ambience inside the monastery’s many halls and chapels. After Drepung, we will move on to the Sera Monastery. The main highlight of the Sera Monastery is watching the crowd of monks debating inside the shady courtyard behind the main temple. Every day except Sunday, hundreds of red-robed monks assemble in small groups and practice their debating skills – a very impressive sight to behold, as the monks are very animated in their debates about the various attributes of Buddhist scriptures.
Day 4: Lhasa Departure
Today you will have free time until your tour guide escorts you to the Lhasa train station or airport for your departing train or flight from Lhasa. This will end your tour services in Tibet.
Departure Time: After your arrival in Lhasa ( Pick up service provided)
Departure Point: Lhasa Airport or Train Station (Pick up service provided)
Return Details: Lhasa Airport/Train Station drop off
- Private professional English-Speaking local tour guide
- Licensed Vehicle with experienced driver
- Airport (or train）pick up and drop off
- 3 nights accommodation in Lhasa city (Based on double occupancy)
- Breakfast provided by the hotel
- Tourists Accident/Casualty Insurance
- A container of Oxygen for emergency use
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Lodging and meal allowance to the guide & driver
- Reservation fee for visiting Potala Palace
- 2 bottles of drinking water per person per day
- Meals not specified in the itinerary (All lunches & dinners)
- All Entrance tickets to the sightseeing places
- Flight/Trian tickets in and out of Tibet
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional tour activities, etc.
- Any losses incurred from the force majeure factor like government control, natural disaster etc.
- Tips to the guide & driver ( Tips is not required but expected)
- Single room supplement
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 3 to 80
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Not wheelchair accessible
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Travelers are required to provide photocopy of passports and China L visas at least 20 days prior to travel date.
With its much higher elevation, some visitors may experience symptoms of altitude sickness. We recommend taking everything slowly, getting plenty of rest the first day and staying very well hydrated by drinking plenty of water to minimize the effects of the high altitude. Usually you will fine by the second day, but if you do experience severe and/ or worsening symptoms, please contact your tour guide or a member of our staff immediately.
The tour operator will contact you after the booking is confirmed.
If you enter by plane from mainland China, the Tibet permit will be delivered to you before you board the flight in mainland city.
If you enter by train from mainland china, You will only need a printed copy of the Tibet permit, which you will receive from the local operator via email
If you enter Tibet from Nepal, you have to get your GROUP VISA in the Chinese embassy of Kathmandu, whether you have already Chinese visa or not.Group Visa is an A4 size sheet of paper, with all members of the tour and their passport number, date of birth and profession listed. The dates of entry and exit are precisely mentioned. To apply the Group visa, you will need an invitation letter from Tibet Tourism Bureau. After confirming the tour, you need to send us the copy of your passport and then we can apply the invitation letter with your passport copy. After getting the invitation letter, we will send it to our local stuff at Kathmandu. Then you will meet our local stuff at Kathmandu after your arrival in Kathmandu. Please do remember, you'll need at least 3 working days to apply your Group Visa.
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate