This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Volendam, Volendam, North Holland Province
The best thing to do in Volendam: The best known village in Holland now has an amazing attraction that is suitable for any age: Experience Volendam. A visit to Volendam isn’t complete without a visit to Volendam a hundred years ago. The newest Virtual Reality technology will take you back in time to 1916 when Volendam still was a small fishing village and overwhelmed by a dramatic sea flood.
Stop At: IJsselmeer, Netherlands
The experience starts with an explanation of how the people lived back then, this takes place in a typical fisherman’s cottage. Your charming host, dressed in the traditional Volendam costume, will tell you everything about the houses, their way of living, and of course the traditional clothing. Then the guide will lead you downstairs where you'll enter an authentic hundred-year-old street. Here you will get an introduction to a virtual reality adventure, where you will be asked to join a fisherman on his sailing trip over the 'Zuiderzee' (southern sea) back in 1916. Have a seat in the ship and put on your Virtual Reality glasses, your journey will begin!
You can look 360 degrees around you, in world of more than 100 years ago. You will hear and see the wild sea and you will experience the fear from the fishermen, who are fighting for their lives. Will you help the fisherman on his adventure?
Experience Volendam is an impressive experience you will never forget!
Departure Time: 1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||10:00 AM - 07:00 PM|
Departure Point: Haven 45, 1131 EP Volendam, Netherlands
Return Details: Returns to original departure point
:Tour option details are as follows
- Personal host who will guide you around and tell you everything about the history of Volendam, the houses, their way of living, and of course the traditional clothing
- Free use of the Virtual Reality glasses
- Food & Drinks
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Infant: Age 0 to 17
Adult: Age 18 to 99
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Service animals allowed
Near public transportation
Transportation is wheelchair accessible
Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
Most travelers can participate
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers