Details: -Set off below the Old Town, where looking up at the imposing medieval walls you’ll have the chance to take photos and learn their centuries old history. -We'll make our way to the seas near Lokrum island. As we paddle by the lushly wooded isle, discover the roots of its age-old curse and hear tales of the island’s remarkable inhabitants. -Amidst towering rocks and translucent blue-green waters absorb the atmosphere of a hidden Lokrum cave and hear it echo with the island’s secrets. -Cross back towards the mainland towards the entrancing ruins of a 5-star hotel which fell into ruin after becoming the site of hand-to-hand combat during the War of Independence. -Visit a popular beach cave, only reachable by sea. Disembark and take harbor on its pebble cove, sunbathe, swim or snorkel through crystal waters. Refuel with a snack. -Continue back towards the Old Town. Just outside the city harbor stop near the Lazareti buildings where you'll learn the fascinating history of Europe’s first quarantine zone. -On final approach Pile Bay, you’ll be treated to spectacular sky-meets-sea views of the Old Town ahead. Take photos and bask in your unique seafarer’s perspective of the city.
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Glass of wine (Sunset Tour only)
- Visit to the Betina beach-cave (May be busy during the high season)
- Waterproof barrels for personal belongings
- Ham & cheese sandwich OR Cheese sandwich (vegetarian) OR Fruit (usually 1 apple & 2 bananas). Email, call or message choice up to 2 hours before your tour time or ham and cheese will be provided.
- 0.5L Bottle of water
- Use of kayak, paddles, life vests (child sizes available) and snorkel equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:00 at least 1 day before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:00 at least 1 day before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- Mobile or paper ticket accepted
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 5 to 65
Service animals allowed
Public transportation options are available nearby
Not recommended for travelers with spinal injuries
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
Not recommended for travelers with poor cardiovascular health
Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
Bring a bathing suit, towel, flipflops or waters shoes (rocky beaches), sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
An outdoor shower is available on site
Minimum age is 5 years old
Travelers under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
Minimum age is 18 years old to consume alcoholic drinks
Subject to favorable weather and/or sea conditions. Tour time and/or route may vary, if canceled due to poor weather and/or sea conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
2-seater kayaks are provided by default. Individual travelers without partners are paired up with other individuals. If a pairing cannot be made, the individual without a partner will be assigned to a single kayak. Single kayaks are otherwise subject to very limited availability and require prior arrival.
We serve ham and cheese sandwiches by default on this tour. We also offer a cheese sandwich (vegetarian) if given at least 2 hours notice. For people with extreme food allergies, we offer fresh fruit (usually an apple and two bananas). No special requests.
Route is ~7.5km
Please arrive 20 minutes before your posted tour time. Late arrivals will not be refunded.
Please DO NOT go to the beach! Even if you are late!
Please DO NOT approach the orange umbrella! That is NOT our company.
We've temporarily suspended the use of snorkel mouthpieces for anyone not vaccinated or who cannot produce a negative PCR test from 72-hours prior to their tour. Guests are welcome to bring their own equipment. Masks are provided to everyone.
Weight restrictions apply. Total weight allowance for occupants of a 2-person kayak is 270kg/595lbs.
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
All guides on staff have been vaccinated. We've temporarily suspended the use of snorkel mouthpieces for anyone not vaccinated or who cannot produce a negative PCR test from 72-hours prior to their tour. Snorkeling masks will be provided for everyone. Guests are welcome to bring their own equipment.