This once a month special tour is fully guided and offers the most unique evening botanical experience on Kauai. Each tour is unique and features seasonally selected botanicals as well as other behind the scenes attractions that are not on our normally offered tours. Examples of items possibly seen on this spectacular tour could be a walk to the Pheonix House or a stroll to our Lotus Pond on the West End of Allerton Garden. An enchanting experience awaits you.
Tour Length: 3 hours approximately
All our visits begin at our South Shore Visitors Center across from Spouting Horn
Located at 4425 Lawaʻi Road in Koloa, (across the street from Spouting Horn) the South Shore Visitors Center is the gateway to McBryde Garden and Allerton Garden. All tours begin and end at the South Shore Visitors Center where parking, ticketing, and gift shop are located.
Get directions to the Visitors Center or use GPS coordinates +21 53′ 8.67″, -159 29′ 33.04″ in your navigation device.
Arrival and Check In
Parking and check in for all McBryde and Allerton Garden tours is available at the South Shore Visitor Center located at 4425 Lawai Road, Po`ipu, HI. Each tour includes a narrated, 15-minute shuttle ride to and from the gardens along the dramatic coastline of the South Shore.
What to Bring
Allerton guided tours are an outdoor experience and weather can be unpredictable on Kauaʻi. Visitors are encouraged to dress for the weather and terrain. Please bring the following items with you:
Comfortable walking shoes
Weather or emergency-related closure of the gardens will be posted with as much advance notice as possible on our website, Facebook, and Twitter pages. Registered visitors will also receive an email, text message, or call.
24-hour cancellation required for full refund, 72 hours for groups of 5 or more.
Departure Time: 5:15 PM
Departure Point: Departs from South Shore Visitors Center across from Spouting Horn in Poipu on the South Shore of Kauai!
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 5:15 PM
- Walking guided tour
- Bottled water
- bug repellent
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 12 to 99
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Not wheelchair accessible
Not recommended for child aged 11 and under
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers