Vilnius’ Old Town is one of the largest preserved medieval quarters in all of Europe. Learn from your guide how so much of the town remains preserved. And while you’re at it, try some of the very edible fruits of Lithuania’s culinary culture: cured meats and fish, cheese, and bread. The tour includes stops at five cafés, shops or bars.
Lithuanian cuisine, influenced by the food of Poland and Germany, is rib-stickingly hearty. Indulge in bigos, a long-simmering hunters stew bobbing with sausages and seasonal veggies. Or sample the cold, bright-pink borscht soup. Wash it down with a locally produced beer or wine or even mead, honey wine. Try gira, Lithuanian kvass, which is made from black bread. Sip some acorn coffee, a caffeine-free drink that has been popular in Lithuania since the Middle Ages.
The tour concludes in Old Town, leaving you free to continue to explore this part of town. Go ahead and walk off the feast you’ve just devoured.
Departure Time: 6:00 PM
Departure Point: Cathedral Clock Tower, Katedros varpinė, Vilnius 01143, Lithuania
Return Details: Užupis, Vilnius, Lithuania
:Tour option details are as follows
6pm Departure 18:00:
Option Descriptions: Tour departing at 6pm
Option Departure Time: 6:00 PM
- Local English-speaking guide
- Tastings in five cafes/shops/bars
- Five local drinks (beer, mead, wine and kvass)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 12 to 99
Child: Age 6 to 11
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Not wheelchair accessible
Near public transportation
Most travelers can participate
Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: On your tour you will visit small shops and restaurants run by families who buy fresh products from small local producers in the area. Going to the market or having items delivered daily, they serve dishes made with only the freshest local ingredients.
By running this tour and bringing travellers like you to local, family-run cafes and restaurants, we do our part to help small businesses stay in Vilnius' Old Town where rental prices are very high.
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing.
Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.