This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Senamiescio Krautuve, Literatu g. 5, Vilnius 01125 Lithuania
We will start our local food journey in a cozy shop that sells local farmers’ products. Here you will get to try Lithuanian meat snacks made of beef and bacon/pork (the most popular types of meat in Lithuania). Next to meet you will taste the traditional rye bread. Bread is more than just food. It has a symbolic meaning of sharing and keeping the household together. After having tried enough of savory food, it will be time to taste a sweet “tree cake” – one of the few traditional Lithuanian desserts. We will top our first stop with a bread drink gira (also knows as kvass in our neighboring countries).
After the snacks we will continue to the second restaurant for soup. Enjoy tasty mushroom soup in a bread bowl (yes, you can also eat the bowl).
Any Lithuanian food tour wouldn’t be complete without cepelinai (potato dumplings). Although it only became popular in Lithuania in the Soviet times because of poverty, now we call it our national food.
To make sure you are not hungry after our tour, we will serve you will the best Lithuanian cheese!
This tour is not only food your, while tasting local food you will also get to try Lithuanian beer and honey mead.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point: Old Town store, Literatų g. 5, Vilnius 01125, Lithuania
Return Details: Džiugo Namai, Vilniaus g. 17a, Vilnius 01402, Lithuania
:Tour option details are as follows
Private Food tour 13:00:
Option Departure Time: 1:00 PM
Private Food tour 16:00:
Option Departure Time: 4:00 PM
- Snacks in a local shop
- Main course
- Tea or coffee
- A shot of traditional alcohol
- Insider's tips and recommendations
- Entry/Admission - Senamiescio Krautuve
- Extra food and drinks that are not specified
- Gratuites (optional)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 5 to 99
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
NB:Please notify us about allergies. Vegetarian meal option is possible upon request
Not wheelchair accessible
Near public transportation
Most travelers can participate
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers