This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Titicaca, 21000 Peru
You will be picked up from your hotel at around 6:30am and transferred to the shores of Lake Titicaca where you will meet the tour guide who will give you a security briefing and basic paddling instructions.
During the kayak ride you will be on the Titicaca National Reserve, so there is a big chance you will see the wildlife of the lake.
Stop At: Uros Floating Islands, Lake Titicaca, Puno Peru
After paddling for about one hour you will arrive to the Uros Floating Islands, where you will have approximately 1.5 hours to float around immersing yourself in this incredible floating reed village. There are more than 50 floating islands and you will have the chance to visit two of them.
On the first floating island, your guide will explain to you about the people who live there. Then you will have some free time to walk around, visit the small huts made from reeds, take some pictures and buy a souvenir to support the people of these islands if you wish.
Stop At: Taquile Island, Lake Titicaca, Puno 21510 Peru
After this visit you will continue on a boat ride to Taquile Island. The people who live on this island are very famous because they are considered “the best weavers of Peru”. There, you will go on a beautiful hike to enjoy the views of the lake. During this hike you will stop to visit the town square of Taquile and visit the handicraft shops to see the typical weaving. The square is also the highest point of the hike (3,950m or 12,960 feet).
After enjoying some free time around the square, you will enjoy a typical lunch. Then you will finish the hike going to the second port of the island, where you will take the motorboat back to Puno where your tour will come to an end at approximately 3:30pm.
Departure Time: 6:20 AM
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Centrally located Puno accommodation
Directions: PRE-DEPARTURE BRIEFING: Please make time for a mandatory pre-departure briefing at 7pm on the day before your tour at your accommodation in Puno city center. Here you will receive detailed information about your excursion, a list of what to bring, and you will be able to have any questions answered.
Return point: Original departure point
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 6:20 AM
- Pre-departure briefing
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (City Center)
- Boat Rides
- Bilingual Tour Guide
- Kayak and equipment
- Entry/Admission - Lake Titicaca
- Entry/Admission - Uros Floating Islands
- Entry/Admission - Taquile Island
- Lunch in Taquile Island
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guide and driver (In Peru & Bolivia it is common to tip your tour guide if you feel he/she provided you with a good service. It is not obligatory but it would be a nice gesture)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 7 to 77
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Pre-departure briefing: Please make time for a mandatory pre-departure briefing at 7pm on the day before your tour at your accommodation in Puno city center. Here you will receive detailed information about your excursion, a list of what to bring, and you will be able to have any questions answered.
Please wait in the lobby of your hotel for your pick-up 15 minutes before. Pick-up time may vary depending on your hotel location so please be patient
Minimum age is 7 years
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
Most travelers can participate
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers