At the moment we have 8 open rooms with permanent exhibitions:
The mud has a voice:
This exhibition brings together ceramic pieces from different times and origins, moving away from the model in which origins and antiquity take precedence over the valuation of the remains of the past.
Stories to rethink:
We opened the re-assembly of our permanent exhibition of the late nineteenth and the first half of the twentieth, an exhibition that would raise critical reviews of the history and milestones of Antioquia art, in a dialogue between artists belonging to that period and contemporary creators.
Colonial and Republican room:
The Colonial and Republican Room exhibits a series of religious works as well as portraits of heroes of the Independence, both in paintings and sculptures and photographs, and pieces alluding to battles and their leaders.
Project of the Museum to bring the public closer to works from our collection.
International Art Room:
This collection presents representative examples of modern and contemporary trends in international art.
Fernando Botero Room:
These rooms bring together the best of the production of the artist from Antioquia, whose formal and thematic proposal is recognized in the history of international art.
Luis Caballero Room
This room exhibits the work with which Luis Caballero won the first Coltejer Art Biennial, in 1968.
Pedrito Botero Room
Who is Fernando Botero? What does he do? How does he do his works? Why does he do it? To answer these four questions, the Museum of Antioquia opens the Sala Pedrito Botero.
The Museum carries out educational projects on a regional scale, as well as conferences, university forums, film cycles, book presentations and concerts.
Departure Point: Museo de AntioquiaTour option details are as follows:
- Guided visit everyday at 2pm
- Entry/Admission - Museo de Antioquia
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- The listed price does not include a $X parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 0 to 99
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The Room XX-XXI Century will be closed from April 2 to the month of May, due to the refurbishment work of this space to integrate the Sala Bienales de Arte de Coltejer, with which we will give an even more complete reading to the production art in Medellín for the second half of the last century. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to your visit and we are waiting for you to open this renovated room in May.
Recomendaciones a los visitantes:
Check the hours of the Museum to make a good plan for your visit
Do not talk on the phone in the rooms
Do not consume any type of food or drink inside the exhibition halls
There is a gray line on the floor that indicates the distance between the viewer and the work. Please, do not exceed that line
When the work does not have a gray line, please keep a prudent distance
Some exhibitions are interactive, in these you can touch the works
It is not allowed to take photos with flash to the works or inside the exhibition halls. The use of tripods is also not allowed (special requests in the Communications Office)
Only panoramic photos are allowed, do not take detailed photographs of the works
The entrance of pets and animals to the Museum's facilities is prohibited
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers