Your guide will cheerfully share their passion for the town they call home and will tell of the history of the World War II bombings and Cyclone Tracy. Discover many of the remaining buildings such as the Old Court House and Police Station, Browns Mart and the Old Palmerston Town Hall ruins, all of which have been painstakingly reconstructed. View Government House, Parliament House and the Northern Territory Supreme Court on our journey through the streets of this modern tropical city.
There’s many hidden treasures to see on foot and plenty of opportunities to capture photographs of the indigenous sculptures, architecture, historic buildings, wildflowers and wildlife.
Remember to bring the following:
Camera, sunscreen, hat and drinking water. Good enclosed non-slip walking shoes are recommended.
We walk on pathways, gardens and cross a number of streets. Commentary is usually given in a shady location for everyone's comfort.
Departure Time: 8:30 AM
Departure Point: John McDouall Stuart, Cnr The Mall &, Knuckey St, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia
Return Details: Lyons Cottage, 74 Esplanade, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia
Tour option details are as follows:
Option Departure Time: 8:30 AM
- Local guide
- Spoken commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Adult: Age 16 to 99
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Bring camera, sunscreen, hat and drinking water
Good enclosed non-slip walking shoes are recommended.
A minimum of 2 people per tour is required for the tour to operate
Wheelchair accessible for active wheelchair users
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers