This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Port of Rovinj, Rovinj Croatia
Your guide will pick you up at the agreed starting point in Rovinj, Croatia - hotel, cruise terminal, bus station, train station etc. (please contact us after the booking so the appropriate arrangements can be made).
Stop At: Postojna Cave, Jamska cesta 30, Postojna 6230 Slovenia
Postojna Cave, the queen of all caves, is the best-known cave in the world. It is also the greatest tourist attraction in Slovenia and one of the world’s largest karst monuments. This is the only place in the world where the underground landscape can be traversed on an electric train and where you get to meet this underground kingdom’s most famous inhabitant – the proteus (olm) – up close. A fantastic web of tunnels, passages, galleries and halls, astonishing diversity of karst features, as well as easy access are certainly the main reasons for such popularity of the cave and a large number of visitors (more than 36 million of them in over 200 years).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Predjama Castle, Predjama 1, Postojna 6230 Slovenia
The Predjama Castle reigns over the surrounding area, not far from the Postojna Cave, in the idyllic village of Predjama. This picturesque, magnificent, defiant, mysterious and impregnable castle has been perched up in the middle of a vertical 123-meter high cliff for more than 800 years. Its romantic appeal is further emphasized by the idyllic Lokva River, which disappears into the underground world deep down below the castle. As the only preserved cave castle in Europe, the Predjama Castle offers a unique insight into the building techniques and resourcefulness of people in the Middle Ages, who were looking for and found a safe harbor for themselves right at the entrance into the cave. During a siege that took place in the 15th century, the castle provided a refuge for its best known and most notorious owner - Erazem of Predjama. The legend about the courageous robber baron Erazem, who remained undefeated until one of his servants betrayed him, is still in people’s minds, inspiring and alluring as ever. It was this safe abode of his which helped the brave knight resist the besiegers without much difficulty for more than a year.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Time: 2/6/2020 - 1/28/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 07:00 PM|
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
- The pickup is flexible (any hotel, apartment, cruise terminal, bus station, train station etc.).
- For Cruise Passengers the tour departs from Cruise Passenger Terminal in Rovinj, Croatia. Your guide will be holding a sign with KoperTrips and Viator logos.
- For Hotel Guests the departure location is flexible. Please advise supplier as soon as possible your hotel details or any other preferred pickup location.
- Port of Rovinj
:Tour option details are as follows
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Postojna Cave
- Entry/Admission - Predjama Castle
- Food and drinks
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 0 to 99
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cruise Passengers must advise supplier as soon as possible: ship name, arrival time and departure time
Hotel Guests must advise supplier as soon as possible: hotel details or any other preferred pickup location
Service animals allowed
Near public transportation
Infants must sit on laps
Infant seats available
Transportation is wheelchair accessible
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers