This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kiwanda Maji, Unnamed Road, Alajuela Province, Costa Rica
Located at just over an hour from Liberia, Kiwanda Maji is a new attraction in the Guanacaste region. Taste of Costa Rica is the perfect combination between a working farm and the area's rich natural attractions, offering several hectares of forest, nature trails, and diverse flora and fauna. The 180-hectare property, some of which is a dedicated farm, lets you enjoy goats, sheep, horses, and donkeys. Learn about the important contribution these animals provide the farm.
Next, visit the milking station and cheese factory, where fresh cheese combinations are produced. The visit to the farm ends at the “Hens and Friends” gallery.
The day continues with the nature walk, where you will visit Itio’s Waterfall with its impressive beauty and cascades. Afterward, venture onto the Heliconias trail, a half-mile (780 meter) long path. Here, there is an opportunity to see big trees such as ceibas, chapernos, cecropias, and palms of different varieties, all growing in humid soils that provide a home for mushrooms, lichens, and insects.
Walk slowly and discover a unique universe both at our feet, and over our heads, where birds live. To finish the experience, arrive at the restaurant and its lake, surrounded by the scenic beauty of the Blue River (Rio Azul). The lake, whose waters come from the volcano, provides an opportunity for a refreshing bath, a kayak ride, or a walk around its surroundings to enjoy the natural beauty.
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up customers at the hotel lobby.
:Tour option details are as follows
Kiwanda Maji from Zone 1 07:00:
Option Descriptions: This activity start departs around 7 am from Hotels in Zone 1.
Option Departure Time: 7:00 AM
Kiwanda Maji from Zone 2-3 06:40:
Option Descriptions: This activity start departs around 6:40 am from Hotels in Zone 2-3.
Option Departure Time: 6:40 AM
Kiwanda Maji from Dreams 07:40:
Option Descriptions: This activity start departs around 7:40 am from Dreams Las Mareas Zone.
Option Departure Time: 7:40 AM
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Kiwanda Maji
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 12 to 99
Child: Age 3 to 11
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Medium physical effort
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons