The trip begins by ascending the breathtaking summit of the Irazu Volcano, passing all types and forms of vegetation, from coffee plantations, to ferns, depending on the elevation. The trip leads up to a spectacular view of the massive crater which is home to a lagoon with a mystical green hue surrounded by jagged rocks.
It should be mentioned, that on a clear day you can actually see both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans!
After an exciting tour of the volcano, we will descend to the historical city of Cartago. Here will visit the mysterious ruins of the old Parish and take in the beautiful Basilica of our Virgin of Los Angeles (Virgen de los Angeles) with rich displays of carvings, statues and other art.
• Santuario Nacional Nuestra Senora de Los Angeles, Calle 1, Cartago Costa Rica
• Irazu Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
Departure Time: 6:00 AM
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from Hotels located in San Jose Downtown
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 6:00 AM
- Round Trip Transportation from San Jose
- Tour operate with a minimum of 2 people
- Not meals
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Infant: Age 0 to 2
Adult: Age 11 to 99
Child: Age 3 to 10
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats available
No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
Note: A minimum of 2 people per booking is required to confirm.
Not wheelchair accessible
Not recommended for travelers with back problems
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
Most travelers can participate
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Covid-19 risk assessment of the activity completed (routes, visit of sights, possible crowds, number of people in the group, reduced services).