Make your way to the rafting base in Hafgrímsstaðir where your adventure starts. Begin by meeting your international team of guides at the river base, where you will get prepared and dressed in drysuits for your trip. From there, the rafting bus will take you on the short road to the put-in point for the raft at the West Glacial River. After a full explanation, demonstration, and training with your guides, push off from the river bank for a 90-minute, 10km descent of gentle rapids, spectacular scenery, and riverside hot springs. Conditions permitting, boost your excitement with a friendly cliff jump and a swim in the bubbling glacial waters of northern Iceland.
Along the way, enjoy a steaming cup of hot cocoa made directly with natural hot water from a riverside hot spring!
Departure Time: 3:00 PM
Departure Point: Akureyri, Akureyri, Northeast Region
Return Details: Returns to original departure point
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 3:00 PM
- All necessary rafting equipment: drysuit, PFD, helmet, booties, gloves
- Qualified, professional rafting guides and safety kayakers
- Transportation between rafting base and the river
- Riverside refreshments (hot drinks)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Transportation to rafting base from Akureyri/Reykjavik
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 18 to 80
Child: Age 6 to 17
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age: 6
Recommended items to bring with you: Thermal underwear/base layers, warm fleece top/wool sweater, fleece pants/extra long johns, thick wool socks/hiking socks (at least 1 pair), change of clothes for after the river, any necessary medications (asthma inhalers, etc.), waterproof camera (optional)
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund