The trails where the tour takes place are located next to the city. The tour is divided into 3 areas which are: La Araña trail, Reserva Forestal Magallanes and the Ski Center. Each of these will offer different soils, views and abilities. You will start in La Araña trail, an old logging road, crossing through lenga and coigue forests. You and your group will ride up to the highest point where you'll get a spectacular view of the Strait of Magellan, Tierra del Fuego Island and the Otway sound. Then, you'll begin the first 12-minute decent filled with action and adrenaline as you ride between forests, tobogans and magical Patagonian colors.
After crossing a small stream, you will continue towards Reserva Fprestal Magallanes where you can enjoy a full energy snack in a protected native forest. From there, you will start riding towards the ski center, along the north side of Rio de las Minas, the most important river in Punta Arenas. This decent will take approximately 20 minutes and you will make some stops to appreciate the spectacular views of the Magellanic landscape.
The Punta Arenas ski center (Club Andino de Punta Arenas) is one of the first ski centers in Chile. Today, it is giving way to the development of mountain biking. It has several tracks designed to enjoy this adventure. After a short break, you will enjoy riding through the last portion of the tour, using these southern mountain bike trails in the ski center.
After a fun-filled time, you will be taken back to your hotel in Punta Arenas.
Departure Time: 9:00 AM
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- National Park fees
- Local guide
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Reserva nacional Magallanes
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 15 to 65
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
Minimum age is 15 years
A maximum of 6 people per booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers