The second stop is the Bahrain National Museum for a walk through a wonderful collection of exhibits, from contemporary Bahraini paintings, sculptures and ceramics, to scenes depicting life in the Dilmun civilization of 6000 years ago, and even a reconstructed burial mound, complete with skeleton.
View the beauty of Arabic calligraphy, including a beautiful display of illuminated Qur’ans and other religious documents. Take closer look at traditional trades and crafts, which are cleverly displayed in a reconstruction of a typical souq of the 1930s.
Then head over to Bait Al-Qur’an Museum, a specialized Museum consisting of several floors and characterized by a most distinctive Islamic design. It houses ancient manuscripts of the Holy Qur'an that have been collected from North Africa, Iran, India, China, and others. It also displays rare great Islamic artifacts, jewelry and gold-ornamented glass utensils, indicating the great Islamic heritage arts that have had an influence throughout the world.
Give your eyes a break from the amazing displays and sit down for an included lunch. Then get ready to visit the Bahrain Fort, a 16th century fort built by the Portuguese. The area where it is located is known as Qalat Al Bahrain with lots of hidden history of Dilmun Civilization.
Onto the Royal Camel Farm at Janabiya that has more than 400 camels and was set-up by His Highness, the late Shaikh Mohammed Bin Salman Al Khalifa, uncle of the current ruler. You will then be taken to the Burial Mounds Notably scattered along large stretches of Shaikh Khalifa Highway, near the Hamad Town. These archaeological mounds are of great historical importance going back to the Dilmun civilization in the third millennium BC.
The final stop will be to Manama Souq/ Gold City, where you can experience the vibrant marketplace Browse through rare spices, throbs, amazing fabrics, kaftans, dry fruits, regional unique handicrafts, nuts, and more before heading back to your hotel for some rest.
Departure Time: 09.00am
Departure Point: Hotels in Manama
Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Bahrain National Museum
- Entry/Admission - Al-Fatih Mosque (Great Mosque)
- Entry/Admission - Beit Al Qur'an
- Entry/Admission - Qal'at al-Bahrain
- Entry/Admission - Royal Camel Farm
- Entry/Admission - Muharraq souq
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 18 to 49
Youth: Age 12 to 17
Child: Age 6 to 11
Senior: Age 50 to 80
Infant: Age 1 to 5
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infants must sit on laps
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
A maximum of 3 people per booking
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 3 travelers