The second stop will be in the heart of Muharraq, Hussain Mohammed Showaiter Sweets is a local dessert shop that requires no introduction. Hussain Mohammed Showaiter Sweets has become an integral part of Bahrain’s history, heritage and culture. Popular amongst everyone in the Gulf region, the sweet house is famous for its “Halwa Showaiter”, packed with nuts in a jelly-like consistency.
Al Fateh Grand Mosque. This is the first mosque in the region to open to tourists and is the largest mosque on the island. The exquisite Bahraini architecture, crowned by the world’s largest fiberglass dome, is one to see. Since the mosque is blessed with tranquility reserved for the holiest of holy places, it is important to dress modestly and remove footwear before entering. Women should cover their head.
Bahrain National Museum for a walk through a wonderful collection of exhibits, from contemporary Bahraini paintings, sculptures and ceramics, to scenes depicting life in the Dilmun civilization of 6000 years ago, and even a reconstructed burial mound, complete with skeleton.
Give your eyes a break from the amazing displays and sit down for an included lunch.
Then get ready to visit the Bahrain Fort, a 16th century fort built by the Portuguese. The area where it is located is known as Qalat Al Bahrain with lots of hidden history of Dilmun Civilization. on the way you will have a photo stop at the Bahrain Bay and to take a great view of city skyline.
The final stop will be to Manama Souq/ Gold City, where you can experience the vibrant marketplace Browse through rare spices, throbs, amazing fabrics, kaftans, dry fruits, regional unique handicrafts, nuts, and more before heading back to your hotel for some rest.
Departure Time: 9:00 AM
Departure Point: Manama, Manama
Return Details: Returns to original departure point
Essence of Bahrain 09:00:
Tour option details are as follows:
Option Descriptions: Duration: 8 hours
Option Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 18 to 49
Youth: Age 12 to 17
Child: Age 6 to 11
Senior: Age 50 to 80
Infant: Age 1 to 5
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Infants must sit on laps
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
A maximum of 3 people per booking
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate