Visit the Oaxaca Regional Museum, located in the former Convent of Santo Domingo, which was active until the mid-19th century. You’ll see displays of archeological artifacts from the Mixtec and Zapotec cultures, including the gold treasures of Monte Alban’s Tomb 7.
Then, follow your guide on foot over a pedestrian walkway linking Santo Domingo and the city center to the zócalo, where several museums, galleries, craft shops and restaurants are located. Wander around the town square, called Garden of the Constitution, and take in the lovely sight of laurel trees, fountains and a bandstand (
kiosko) where marimba bands sometimes play. Redesigned in the early 1900s, the zócalo is a great spot for locals and visitors alike.
Next, visit 20 de Noviembre Market (November 20th Market), also called Margarita Maza, which is well-known for its breads and chocolate. Located only a few blocks away, the market is one of the best in Oaxaca and a must-see destination. Wander around with your guide in search of excellent food from the Oaxaca region, including different types of mole, chorizo and more (own expense).
Afterward, head to Benito Juarez Market, established in 1893 as Oaxaca’s oldest market. Here, an entire city block offers a bit of everything. Browse for crafts, jewelry, leather bags, sandals and woven textiles or try specialty foods like fried grasshoppers (
chapulines), a regional favorite.
Departure Time: 10am
Departure Point: Quinta Real Oaxaca, 5 de Mayo 300, RUTA INDEPENDENCIA, Centro, 68000 Oaxaca de Juárez, Oax., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup
- Entry/Admission - Templo de Santo Domingo de Guzman
- Entry/Admission - Museo de las Culturas de Oaxaca
- Hotel drop-off
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Adult: Age 12 to 99
Child: Age 3 to 11
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Service animals allowed
Near public transportation
Infant seats available
Transportation is wheelchair accessible
Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level