You will then visit Vittoriosa, ideally situated for safe anchorage and over time it has developed a very long history with maritime, mercantile and military activities. Prior to the establishment of Valletta as a capital city of Malta, military powers that wanted to rule the Maltese islands would need to obtain control of Vittoriosa due to its significant position in the Grand Harbour. Vittoriosa is now a location of several tourist attractions. The historic Vittoriosa Waterfront contains the former Palace of the General of the Galleys and the Order of St. John’s treasury. The area was refurbished in the early 2000s and both buildings are used for other activities: the former is now a casino, while the latter is home to the Malta Maritime Museum. A second museum, the Vittoriosa 1565 Museum, is also located in the town and is dedicated to the siege and the battle in the town in 1565.
The third city is Senglea, joined by a land bridge to Cospicua during the time of the Knights of St. John and as a result it became a peninsular in shape. During the time of the Knights of St. John, Senglea was used as a hunting area and was known as L’Isola di San Giuliano. In 1311 St. Julian’s church or chapel was founded. This was the first building to be constructed. On 8 May 1552 the foundation stone of Fort St. Michael was laid. Work on the fort, which was designed by Architect Pedro Pardo was completed in 1553. Construction of walled town Senglea took place during the following decade. The area, which had until the 1550s been known as Isola di San Giuliano or Isola di San Michele, was given city status by Grand Master Claude De La Sengle and was named after him.
Departure Time: 10:00 AM
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- 2-hour tour around the 3 cities in vintage bus
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Infant: Age 0 to 4
Adult: Age 13 to 99
Child: Age 5 to 12
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for travelers with back problems
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund