This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hector Pieterson Museum, 8287 Khumalo St, Soweto, Johannesburg South Africa
On this half day tour in Soweto, your guide, who was born and raised in Soweto, will take you past all the hotspots in Soweto. The Soweto tour will take you deep into the township culture, so you can enjoy a personal experience of how vibrant and lively this part of Johannesburg really is.
On our way to Soweto we pass by the National Football Stadium, which hosted the opening and closing ceremonies of the World Cup 2010. We enter the Diepkloof area, where we will take a walk past vendors selling just about anything.
In Orlando West we visit Vilakazi Street- drive past the former home of Nelson Mandela and past the home of Archbishop Desmond Tutu. You will have an opportunity to read about the Soweto uprising on 16 June 1976. On that tragic day an innocent little boy called Hector Pieterson gave up his life and kick-started the liberation of South Africa.
During this Soweto tour we will pass by the Mandela House. A visit into the museum is optional.
We continue our Soweto tour driving into one of the shanty towns where you get to interact with some of the locals.
We drive past the Soweto Campus of the Johannesburg University and end our tour with a stop at the largest hospital in the world: Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels private homes
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 12:30 AM
Option Departure Time: 8:00 AM
Option Departure Time: 12:30 PM
- Driver/guide Local guide Hotel drop-off Hotel pickup
- entrance fee to Museums
- professional guide
- round up transportation
- Entry/Admission - Hector Pieterson Museum
- Soviniar (available for purchase)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Senior: Age 71 to 99
Infant: Age 0 to 2
Adult: Age 18 to 70
Youth: Age 12 to 17
Child: Age 3 to 11
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Service animals allowed
Near public transportation
Transportation is wheelchair accessible
Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
Most travelers can participate
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate