Chengdu Zoo was originally built in 1953. Located in the north of the city near the Panda Research Base, it offers all the typical animals that one might expect in a zoo, such as elephants, lions, tigers, giraffes, golden-hair monkeys, as well as the famous panda bears.
The zoo is spread over a considerable large area (17.73 hectares) and surrounded by the beautiful gardens. With over 300 odd varieties of animals living in the beautiful and comfortable halls, houses, ponds and fenced-up mounds, which are scattered amidst green trees, bamboos and colorful flowers, the zoo is known as one of the four biggest zoos in China. Besides numerous iron animal cages and pounds, the Chengdu Zoo has some major theme areas including Panda Garden, Penguin Garden, Goldfish Corridor, Giraffe Garden, Birds Garden, Fox & Monkey Garden, and Antelope Garden.
The highlight of the Chengdu Zoo may be the panda garden, spacious and ingeniously designed, shaded among bamboo and surrounded by ditches. It is the paradises for the giant and lesser pandas and, of course, the pandas are the tourists' '"must-see". Currently, more than 10 pandas live at the garden and laze away their days in the Panda Hall-the zoo's largest building which covers 5600 square meters.
The Chengdu Zoo is the world's most successful breeder of pandas by artificial insemination. These years, tourists from different countries have flocked here to see the giant pandas. The zoo won a gold medal of the "Global 500 Best" of the UN Environmental Program in June 1989. It is considered a great place for a family outing.
Address: Chenghua District No. 234, Zhaojue Temple South Road
April 1st - November 30th (peak season) 08:00-18:00;
December 1st - March 31st (off season) 08:30-17:00
- Admission Ticket
Change & Refund Policies
- This booking can be canceled free of charge at any time provided you have not used it. If you need to cancel it, please sign in to Trip.com to submit your cancellation
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
How to Use It
- All times are given in local time
- Please present the voucher code to gain admission
- Admission Location: Entrance gate of the attraction, 234 Zhaojuesi South Road (Sima Bridge), Chenghua District
- Admission Time: 08:00-17:15
Adult: Height 1.3m+
Child: Age 7 to 18
Free for children age 0-6 OR height 0-1.29m
Please provide your personal information and contact details when booking
Children must be accompanied by a guardian to enter the zoo