You don't need kids to find an excuse to go and see the animals! Come to Willowbank for one of the best animal experiences in NZ. This the best place to see an amazing array of wonderful animals both native and non-native, and providing a very special opportunity to get up close to the rarest New Zealand animals, including the kea, takahe, kaka, tuatara, and of course the kiwi.
The park is divided into three zones. Get back to the countryside in the Farmyard Section, where alpacas, rabbits, kune kune pigs, miniature and clydesdale horses all roam - and wait for you to hand feed them! In the New Zealand Section, you will get up close to the native wildlife like nowhere else, marveling especially at the kiwi, morepork, falcon, and eels. Lastly, there's the Exotics Section, where a selection of creatures from around the globe complete the zoo. Especially cute are the capybaras, leopard tortoises, fallow deer, and ringtail lemurs.
Then there's the star of the show: the kiwi. Many other zoos or animal sanctuaries house kiwis, but as these birds are a little shy and don't like sunlight, they can't always be seen. At Willowbank, the famous Nocturnal Glass House opens at 10:30 every day, and kiwis are guaranteed to be seen right in front of you - no glass in the way! Watch quietly as these tiny flightless birds forage for worms.
Plus, since Willowbank is focused on conservation, you'll be sure to see happy, healthy animals. The center works with many important conservation organizations throughout New Zealand to protect and nurture endangered wildlife. The onsite wildlife hospital also cares for injured or sick animals rescued by conservationists, so you can feel at ease knowing your visit is helping their efforts.
- Admission ticket
- All personal expenses and expenses not mentioned in the inclusions
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 01:00 at least 4 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made at or before 01:00 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 10%
- Cancellations made after 01:00 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- All times are in local time
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity
- Redemption Time: 09:30-17:00
- Address: 60 Hussey Road, Northwood, Christchurch 8051
Adult: Age 15+
Child: Age 5 to 14