In 72 AD, in order to soothe the people who were under the corrupt rule of Nero the Great, Vespasian emperor began to build this huge marble and limestone structure. In this open-air theater, the Romans entertained themselves through games, hunting and fighting. The Colosseum was not only a showcase for bloody movements, but also the system of pulleys, ramps and trapdoors designed to enhance the abilities of animals and gladiators. Among all the monumental buildings in Rome, the Colosseum in Rome is breathtaking! It was once the place where the gladiators fought, the prisoners and the hungry lions fought, and the great symbol of the eternal Rome.
The British historian Beda Venerabilis once wrote: "When the Colosseum stands, Rome will exist; when the Colosseum collapses, Rome will perish." The Colosseum was made by Emperor Vespasian, built on the site of the tyrant Nero's magnificent Dumus Aurea, which was completed in 80 AD. But with the decline of the Roman Empire in the 6th century AD, the Colosseum was gradually abandoned and became overgrown. In the following years, the Colosseum was damaged by the earthquake for several times, and even became the place where builders collect stones and marbles. Now there is only the skeleton left in the Colosseum, but you can still see the style of the old days. The Colosseum under different lights throughout the day has different colors and is very beautiful. At present, the Roman government installed night lights in the Colosseum, making the Colosseum at night very beautiful. And visitors who like photography will definitely love this place. Don't forget to take pictures at night. Opposite the Colosseum is the Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum. Tickets are included in the Colosseum's coupon. They are the pilgrimage sites of history fans and archaeological fans, the glory of the ancient Roman Empire, one of the seven new wonders of the world, the place where gladiators and hungry lions struggled, and the great symbol of the eternal city of Rome. It is a masterpiece and miracle in the history of architecture, the only remaining four-story Colosseum in the world
During the period of the Roman Empire, this was the center of the world (Caput Mundi). With the expansion of Roman Emperor, the valley became the center of society, commerce and religion. Highlights are the Temple of the Vestal Virgins, the Temple of Julius Caesar and the Senate House
It is said that Romulus built ancient Rome on the Palatine Hill. Since then, the nobles of ancient Rome lived next door, and then became the seat of the palace. Here you will find the House of Augustus, the Domus Flavia and the magnificent scenery
Address: Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Opening Time: 08:30-19:00; Please check the Colosseum Official Website before booking
- Skip-the-line entrance to Colosseum
- Tour to the 1st floor and 2nd floor of Colosseum
- Ticket to Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Reservation Fee
- All personal expenses and expenses not mentioned in the inclusions
- Audio Guides can be rented for €5.5 on site
Change & Refund Policies
- Once this product is successfully booked, it cannot be changed or canceled
How to Use It
- All times are given in local time
- Please present the e-voucher to gain admission
- Admission Location: Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
- Admission Time: 08:30-19:00
- Redeem paper tickets 50 meters away from the Colosseum. Use the fast track to visit the battlefields of the world famous Gladiator, including the Colosseum, the Roman Forum (the social and political center of the Roman Empire) and the Palatine Hill (the Eternal City created by Romulus).
- Please choose the time of admission when placing the order. We will reserve the number of places in the time slot. The actual admission time may be different from the time selected by the order. The time indicated in the ticket shall prevail.
- Please arrive at the entrance of the Colosseum in Rome 30 minutes before the time on the e-ticket.
Adult: Age 18+
Child: Age 0 to 17
Free admission for children under 18 (If you need to use the fast track, you can only book on site (service fee required) Free admission for disabled visitors and their companions or carers with valid ID
Please provide your personal information and contact details when booking
The supplier will book the nearest time within one hour before and after the selected event; the price of the product includes the subscription service fee
Touristation provides free travel consult service at Via di San Giovanni in Laterano 14 (outside the Colosseum)
People with disabilities and accompanying staff can enter for free with a Valid ID. Please ask the staff directly in the scenic spot
During the peak season, mandatory security checks take at least 30 minutes
The Colosseum is open to the public on the first Sunday of each month. This day, there are usually more tourists, but no tickets are required