Nepal is known for the bravery shown in ancient history as well as for the presence of the cultural values. Unity in diversity is the major spotlight of Nepal. With the increasing demands of interests in the mentioned fields, this trip of Kathmandu and Bhaktapur sightseeing is a blessing to your wishes. Approach Pilgrimage Tour to fulfil your religious and cultural desires as well as have the wonderful feeling of being captivated by the historical palaces
Majorly, the tour takes you to the palaces in Kathmandu and Bhaktapur made by the Malla and Shah Dynasty in the 12th to the 18th century. You have the glorious opportunity to be stunned by the civilization of the place at that time. The carved deities in the palaces and handmade art crafts amaze anyone who visits this place. Renovation of some parts after the major earthquake also captivates the eyes of many tourists. You can be enthralled by numerous amount of temples built around the palace, one of which is of the living God, Kumari.
Next, you will visit the charismatic Swoyambhunath stupa, most popularly known as the monkey temple. As the name suggests, you will be fascinated by the religious harmony of the place, which constitutes both temple and stupa in one centre. The monkeys that surround the place are also an attraction. Visit the sto p where people view the breathtaking landscape of the Kathmandu city from ato p a hill. Recently, the hot stone that only heats up in a single stone in the area of charms tourists.
What is more? You are additionally taken to the Boudhanath stupa, which is one of the largest stupas in South Asia. Here, people calm the soul by hearing the sacred chants of monks. In addition, you can take Cora, which is a round of the place moving the prayer wheels, watching the Mani walls and prayer flags all over the place.
Not only this, unlike other trips, you will get a chance to discover the Tibetan cuisines in Boudhanath stupa. Along with it, you can taste the heavenly Juju Dhau (King of Curd) in Bhaktapur. You can also feed the monkeys of Swoyambhunath.
Amazement is what binds you in the trip. Hence, to conclude, the places involved in this one-day trip are eye candies. we welcome you to the trip, as you have nothing to lose but gain from this trip.
Sightseeing at Kathmandu and Bhaktapur Durbar Square
After your early morning breakfast, representative of Nepal Big Mountain will pick you up for your religious day. Kathmandu Durbar square is one of the sites built by the late kings that are filled with the handmade arts Asians are famous worldwide for. Kathmandu Durbar Square sets your vision on the handmade art of ancient Nepal culture with the hint of the lifestyle of late kings of Malla and Shah Dynasty in Nepal in the 12th to the 18th century. The sculptures, monuments, temples around the area prove this point. Hanuman Dhoka, Taleju Mandir, Hanuman Temple, Royal Palace, and Kal Bhairab temple are major attractions of the place. You should surely visit the home of sacred lord Shiva, Parvati and the living goddess, Kumari. The place is so divine even an atheist would believe in God for the breathtaking view.
You will proceed to Bhaktapur Durbar Square that offers you various attractions like, Changunarayan Temple, the 55 Windows Palace, Krishna Mandir and many more. Later that day on reaching Kathmandu, in the evening you can visit Thamel area and shop unique handicrafts there.
The 55 Windowed Palace was first made like a fort to view the whole area from any direction possible. Similarly, Changunarayan offers you various handmade arts of the deities craved in stones. The tour guide will proudly associate you with the information. It is a must for you to try the famous curd known as the “Juju Dhau”.
- Amaze yourself knowing the lifestyle of the late kings
- Set your eyes on handmade arts Asians are famous worldwide for
- Visit the home of sacred lord Shiva, Parvati and the living goddess, Kumari
- Fulfil your religious interests from Hanuman Dhoka, Taleju Mandir, Hanuman Temple, and Kal Bhairab temple
- Introduce yourself to Bhaktapur Durbar Square enlisted in UNESCO world heritage site
- Melt your hearts by trying the famous curd known as “Juju Dhau”
Sightseeing at Swayambhu
Next, you will proceed to Swayambhu from the Kathmandu Durbar Square. Swoyambhunath is also known as the monkey temple and the temple that joins the Buddhist as well as Hindu culture. This will be a perfect day for your wonderful journey to Nepal giving you a hint of unity in diversity. You will get the opportunity to see the life cycle of Buddha carved in stones and various sculptures. The serene place has Mani walls and prayer wheels all over the place. You can also take pictures of monkeys in the temple. In addition, you can also see the Harati Temple and Saraswati temple for the Hindus. You can also position yourself to view the beautiful Kathmandu from ato p a hill.
- Wonderful journey giving you a hint of unity in diversity
- Opportunity to see the life cycle of Buddha carved in stones and various sculptures
- Calm your soul in the serene place having Mani walls and prayer wheels all over the place
- Bow down in the Harati Temple and the Saraswati temple for the Hindus
- The vision of the Kathmandu from ato p a hill
Sightseeing at Bouddha Stupa
Moving on, you go to the last destination of the day, Bouddhanath. Bouddhanath Stupa is one of the largest stupas in South Asia. You can see Tibetan monasteries around it and explore stupa built in Buddhist style. The serene place has Mani walls and prayer wheels all over the place. Along with this, you can enjoy and discover various cuisines of Tibet. You can fulfil your wish of a serene and peaceful environment where you can hear the monks chanting. Taking around the stupa known as Cora will help you to gain purity and experience grace.
- Explore one of the largest stupas in South Asia
- See Tibetan monasteries around the stupa built in Buddhist style
- Delight yourself in the serene place having Mani walls and prayer wheels all over the place
- Enjoy and discover various cuisines of Tibet
- Return from the religious visit with a satiated soul
- Experienced English/Chinese/Spanish/Hindi speaking tour guide
- Guide fees, government taxes and office service charges
- All entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Drive to sightseeing area – Kathmandu Durbar Square, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Swayambhu Temple, and Bouddhanath Temple
- General first aid kits
- Personal expenses
- Tips (Tipping is expected)
- All other services not included in the itinerary
- Any kind of insurance
- Extra Food and Beverages
- Optional: USD 25 per person per day for the provision of lunch and dinner in city tours
Change & Refund Policies
- Cancellations made at or before 01:00 at least 15 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 30%
- Cancellations made at or before 00:00 at least 7 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 50%
- Cancellations made at or before 00:00 at least 3 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 75%
- Cancellations made after 00:00 at least 3 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- Departure times are in local time.
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher for this activity.
We prioritize your safety first. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Weather conditions, the health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required. Availability of guides depends on the high seasons.
In any case, specified guides are unavailable, We provide an English guide for your meaningful travel.
Physical Condition & Experience Requirements
Any interested aspirant can join the trip since it includes a short distance walk only. There is maximum convenience for the people who travel. Main pros of this trip are that it is suitable for any being who is an enthusiast on the tour for a meaningful trip. However, the traveller must specify any kinds of sickness, diseases or phobias before the trip because we believe every traveller needs to be under perfect care and guidance to enjoy the trip with the best convenience possible. Children, youngsters, adults, or elders, anyone is welcomed with open arms. In spite of this, the children and elders are to be under the guidance of their guardian.
Best Time to Travel
Heritage tour welcomes its guests any time of the year, as the weather is well suited in all seasons. Along with it, the trip is a blend of adventure and culture in a short with great comfort. There is a rush of tourists during their vacations. It is suggested that you visit in the month of March-May or September-November as you can enjoy the spring weather with the biggest occasion of Nepal that lasts a month, Dashain and Tihar. You can experience the kites flying in the clear sky. Likewise, you will be able to view a lighted city that will warm your hearts at night.