This is a half day tour is aimed at taking you to the main sites of Chiang Rai. Visit the main market area and Wat Phra Kaew Chiang Rai, where the famous Emerald Buddha (in Bangkok) was found in A.D. 1434.
Visit Wat Doi Thong, with its Navel Pillars, overlooking the Mae Kok River, and King Meng Rai’s Monument with its annual festival in February. Then visit Wat Rong Khun, also called “The White Temple”; inside it contains murals and paintings of the Buddha image and painted enamel ceramic floor. The outside was created with lime sculpture Thai designs decorated with small pieces of mirror that make the building sparkle and shine under the sunlight.
Tour operates twice a day, commencing at 08:30am and 13:30pm
Hotel pick ups may be approximately 30 minutes prior to the tour departure time
- Guided tour of Chiang Rai City, Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Phra That Doi Chom Thong, and Wat Rong Khun
- Roundtrip transportation from/to Chiang Rai hotels
- All Entrance Fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any food, drinks or snacks
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 01:00 at least 1 day before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 01:00 at least 1 day before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- Please present your Confirmation, E-Voucher or Photo ID in exchange for your activity
Should your travel plans change, do not worry. Our helpful local operator will do all possible to change your booking to fit with your new travel arrangements free of charge.
Adult: Age 12+
Child: Age 2 to 11
Infants 1 year or younger are complimentary
Not wheelchair accessible
At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place. Single traveler may book this product, but is subject to availability and cancellation if minimum number of people is not met on the activity day. (Alternative date or refund will be offered should this occur.).
Children 1 and younger are complimentary
Children 11 and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult
Pick up from all hotels in the Chiang Rai city area. Pick up from Golden Triangle hotels may be requested at an additional charge.
Proper attire to enter a temple (No dresses above the knee. No short pants or three quarter pants. Modest shirts. No see through garments. No sports-wear. No footwear inside temple)
This Activity is provided by a local Tour Operator who has an exclusive partnership with 'Safety in Asia’. Being specialists in Health & Safety management in the hospitality industry, 'Safety in Asia’ is there to guide the Operator in having the best hygiene practices available.
'Safety in Asia' is FTO (Federation of Tour Operators) approved.
· Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
· Social distancing protocols enforced whenever possible
· Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
· Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
· Guides required to regularly wash hands
· Constant temperature checks for staff