HOBBITON™ MOVIE SET TOUR
Experience the magic of Hobbiton™ Movie Set with one of our daily departures from The Shire's Rest.
Join us and experience the real Middle-earth™ at the Hobbiton™ Movie Set, where, in the heart of the Waikato region, you can step into the lush pastures of the Shire™, as seen in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies.
Fall in love with the Alexander family sheep farm, just as acclaimed director Sir Peter Jackson did, as you journey through the unequivocal beauty of the land, with the mighty Kaimai Ranges towering in the distance. Your guide will then escort you around the set, showing the intricate detailing, pointing out the most famous locations and explaining how the movie magic was made.
You will be fully guided around the 12 acre set; past Hobbit Holes™, the Mill and into the world-famous Green Dragon™ Inn, where you will be presented with a complimentary, exclusive Hobbit™ Southfarthing™ beverage to conclude your own Middle-earth™ adventure.
TOUR FROM THE SHIRE'S REST™
The Shire's Rest, 501 Buckland Rd, Hinuera, Matamata.
Tours depart daily at 9.30am, 10.45am, 12.00pm, 1.15pm & 2.30pm. Additional departures may be added based on demand.
2 hours (including transport between The Shire's Rest and the Movie Set)
- Entry ticket
- Tour Guide
- a complimentary, exclusive Hobbit™ Southfarthing™ beverage
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 01:00 at least 3 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 01:00 at least 3 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher for this activity
- The voucher is valid only on the date and time specified
Meeting point：Hobbiton™ Movie Set Tours, 501 Buckland Road, Hinuera 3472, New Zealand
Adult: Age 17+
Child: Age 9 to 16
Free for children aged 8 and under, please enter the number of free kids when booking
CHILD (0-8 years). Children are FREE but must have a ticket allocated prior to arrival and be accompanied by a full paying adult.