Known for its beaches and natural beauty, some of Phuket’s lesser-known treasures are not to be missed too. Sunsets that will take your breath away and the taste of locally-brewed rum included, adding a new definition of value to your Phuket holiday.
Filled with enjoyment, lots of activities and places that put (and keep) a smile on one’s face are characteristics of what Phuket is and what one can expect when leaving the sunny side of southern Thailand. Moments of relaxation aplenty, from lazing around the pool to sailing away to a remote island for a snorkeling or scuba diving look down below, define this aptly “taking it easy” approach of what makes Thailand such a treat for holidaying. At its farming and agricultural core, Phuket tends to have quite a few surprises up its sleeve, and these are put in the spotlight during this afternoon-only trial. It is all “Jai Yen Yen” (take it easy) from here where snacks and drinks complement a peek into another cultural side of Phuket.
Your guide and driver for the afternoon will pick you up from your hotel in Phuket at around 3 pm and we head out to the lesser-known parts of the Pearl of the Andaman for an ultra-relaxed half day experience. Like any other Thai, practicing the concept of “Jai Yen Yen” is as important as soaking in the local culture of this amazing destination. Phuket has many hidden spots that remain yet hardly discovered and we do it in a relaxed and fun-loving way. Our visits include heading up to the 2nd largest hill on the island to admire some of the most stunning sunsets one can find in the country.
A visit to a local cashew nut factory and getting a taste of locally-brewed rum are two of the delights we include – both are typical Phuket and cannot be missed. Cashew nut plantations are in abundance on the island; based on the quality of the soil and the weather conditions, these plants find Phuket an ideal destination to grow.
Founded by avid rum aficionados with a keen desire to put Phuket on the map with its now distinctive brand, the Chalong Bay Rum Distillery uses only high-end ingredients to create smooth, flavourful white rum. The distillery is located in Chalong on the southern side of the island where those interested in the art of making rum, the Phuket way, are guided through the process before getting a taste of Chalong Bay Rum. A zip of trying this Phuket beverage is included.
When the sun sets behind the horizon and you can look back at a relaxed way to indulge in the natural and culinary highlights of Phuket, you will be brought back to your overnight address on the Pearl of the Andaman. You will arrive back at your overnight address at around 7.30pm.
- A half-day tour with a professional guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with a professional driver
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Snacks, drinks and /or refreshments during the tour
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 01:00 at least 1 day before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 01:00 at least 1 day before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- All times are given in local time
- After confirmation, you'll then receive an itinerary confirmation email within 24 hour(s).
- Please contact us at least 72 hours before your activity date to confirm your reservation and arrange transportation. Changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- Pick-up times for excursions will be reconfirmed one day prior to the commencement of your booked excursion. As an indication, the pick-up time from your accommodation is scheduled 30-60 minutes prior to the confirmed starting time.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Upon pickup, please present your confirmation/voucher or photo ID in exchange for your activity.
Our office hours are from 08:30 hrs. until 18:00 hrs. from Monday to Friday
• This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
• Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying along Phuket’s main beaches. Transfers outside these areas such as Mai Khao, Nai Yang, Laguna Phuket, Nai Thon, Nai Harn, Rawai, Chalong, Phuket Town and beaches along the east coast including any harbour and Phuket’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
• This partially food-themed tour along local restaurants and food stalls may not be suitable for customers who have specific nut allergies.
• Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
• We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
• Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
• Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
• Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
• We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
• It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
• In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
• This tour is only operated in the afternoon.
• The maximum amount of customers is set at 12 participants.