The history, millenary culture and gastronomic excellence of the King of Cheeses take shape through hundreds of objects and old images of the past in an ancient "casello" (cheese factory) used for centuries for the production of Parmigiano Reggiano.
At the Parmigiano Reggiano Museum, you can experience the phases of milk processing, the slow aging of the cheese and its commercialization. You'll also discover the fundamental role of the Parmigiano Reggiano Consortium in safeguarding quality and the priceless joy of tasting.
By selecting the private tour option, it will be possible to be accompanied as individuals, families or small groups by the qualified staff of the Parmigiano Reggiano Museum for a visit lasting about 45 minutes.
Book the Food Museums Card and visit all the Food Museums of the province of Parma with a single ticket: Parmigiano Reggiano Museum, Tomato Museum, Pasta Museum, Salame Felino Museum, Parma Ham Museum, Culatello di Zibello Museum, Wine Museum.
- Parmigiano Reggiano Museum tickets (not included in the private tour option)
- Food Museums Card (if selected)
- Private tour guide + museum map (if selected. The ticket is not included in the price, so please purchase the private tour AND the tickets)
- All personal expenses and expenses not mentioned in the inclusions
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:00 at least 1 day before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:00 at least 1 day before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- All times are given in local time
- Present the e-voucher on your phone to gain admission
- Opening Time:
- Saturday, Sunday and national holidays from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- National holidays: April 4, 5 and 25, May 1, June 2, August 15, November 1, December 8
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
- Address: Parmigiano Reggiano Museum - Corte Castellazzi, Via Volta 5, 43019 Soragna PR, Italy
Adult: Age 19 to 64
Student: Age 6 to 18
Child: Age 0 to 5
Senior: Age 65+
Free admission for children aged under 5 and disabled people Please show a valid identity card to prove the age
The Card guarantees 1 access to all the Food Museums of Parma within 12 months from its first use. Remember to present the voucher receive after booking in order to get the Card
Important: the private tour option (price per group) doesn't include the museum tickets, which must be booked separately. The guide can accompany up to 15 people, as long as they belong to the same group/family
The guided tour is available in English and Italian. Audio guides in English, Italian and French can be downloaded for free from the museum website