Located in the famous monumental complex designed by Brunelleschi, the Museo degli Innocenti tells visitors the story of six centuries of commitment to the protection and promotion of children's rights. The accurate study of the history of the institution and of its cultural and artistic heritage resulted in the creation of this unique museum which combines art, architecture and history of childhood.
The permanent exhibition is structured on three levels: the historical one, where visitors can enjoy total immersion in the fascinating atmosphere of a few centuries ago when the institute was the orphanage of the city of Florence; the architectural one, with the splendid courtyards designed by Filippo Brunelleschi; the artistic one, with a renowned collection located in the recently restructured gallery.
The eighty works on display include masterpieces by Sandro Botticelli, Domenico Ghirlandaio, Bartolomeo di Giovanni, Piero di Cosimo, Neri di Bicci, Luca and Andrea della Robbia and Giovanni del Biondo.
- Admission Ticket
- All personal expenses and expenses not mentioned in the inclusions
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:00 at least 1 day before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:00 at least 1 day before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- All times are given in local time
- Present the e-voucher on your phone to gain admission
- Opening Time:
- Open from Monday to Sunday from 11.00am to 6.00pm (closes 1 hour before)
- Closed on Tuesdays, December 25 and January 1
- Address: Piazza della Santissima Annunziata 13, 50122 Florence FI, Italy
Adult: Age 19 to 64
Child: Age 0 to 11
Senior: Age 65+
Youth: Age 12 to 18
Free admission for children aged 11 and under