Discover the Château de Pierrefonds, recreated by the architect Viollet-le-Duc in the 19th century.
Erected in the late 14th century by Duke Louis of Orléans, the château was taken down in the 17th century and was in ruins when Napoleon III decided to commission architect Eugène Viollet-le-Duc to rebuild it. He applied his architectural designs to create the ideal château, such as would have existed in the Middle Ages.
- Admission Ticket
- All personal expenses and expenses not mentioned in the inclusions
- Audio guide
Change & Refund Policies
- Once this product is successfully booked, it cannot be changed or canceled
How to Use It
- All times are given in local time
- Present the e-voucher on your phone to gain admission
- Opening Time:
- From 2 May 2021 to 4 September 2021
- Open every day from 9:30 to 6:00 pm
- From 5 September 2021 to 30 April 2022
- Open every day from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Last admission 45mins before closing time
- Closed January 1st, May 1st, and December 25th
- Address: Château de Pierrefonds Rue Viollet le Duc, 60350 Pierrefonds
Adult: Age 18+
The entrance is free for: Children under 18 (except school group) EU citizens (18-25) Disabled people Unemployed people (proof required) All visitors on the first Sunday of the month from 1 January to 31 March and from 1 November to 31 December All visitors during the "Journées du Patrimoine" on the 3rd weekend of September
During this period of reopening of the monuments, the Center des Monuments Nationaux asks its visitors to define their day and time of visit in advance. All information will be given to you on your Musement Voucher.
Open ticket valid until 28.07.2022
No baggage deposit is offered within the monument