Trip.com's "Popular Hotel" rankings are based on actual sales, user browser behavior and real rating data. High ranking Popular Hotels are updated daily to provide users with real-time guidance.
1. Trip.com's "Popular Hotel" rankings are based on actual sales, user browser behavior and real rating data. High ranking Popular Hotels are updated daily to provide users with real-time guidance. Popular Hotel rankings do not accept nominations. The rankings operate freely and fairly with no fees charged. The rankings display hotels tried and tested by users that received all-round praise, representing true customer choice.
1. Hotel popularity: Based on real sales data and real user browsing behavior in the last 90 days.
2. Hotel rating: Based on real guests rating the hotel 4 or more out of 5
3. Dynamic updates: Changes to a hotel's popularity and rating data are checked daily, and are implemented in the rankings lists.
1. Fall in popularity: 90-day sales have dropped within the last 24 hours and hotel is not among the top 15 competing hotels.
2. Fall in quality: Negative reviews have increased, ratings have dropped, or ratings are less than 4 stars.
3. Poor practice: Rankings will be reduced if spot checks or reports performed by Trip.com reveal that the hotel has interfered with user reviews or has falsified bookings.
What travelers say:"It was the worst hotel.
I stayed because it was the stage of Pretty Woman, but I am dissatisfied. Arrived by UBER from the road side.
There was a bellboy, but he didn't even help me unload my suitcase from the car.
I'm just standing there blankly. Even though I checked in after 16:00, there was no twin bed room that I had reserved. When I complained, I was told to wait for 20 minutes, so I reluctantly went to the front desk.
I decided to wait on the sofa next to it, but it didn't come to tell me that the room was ready even after 30 minutes. When I asked what happened to the front desk, they said that they had forgotten about it, and I didn't even think they were apologetic. I had a cup of tea at a stylish restaurant on the first floor with a view of the outside, but even if I asked the guide to pay the bill, he wouldn't move. After 20 minutes, the fourth person finally paid the bill. I received the lowest treatment even though I stayed at a super luxury hotel. On top of that, the hotel union was on strike, and from 6:00 in the morning to noon, we put up placards in the hallway of the hotel and shouted drums and shouted loudly. It's noisy and I can't relax.
In the room, there was a notice paper and earplugs saying that the strike would cause trouble. The strike seems to have no end in sight. If I knew there was going to be a strike, I should have informed them before my stay and had canceled it. Even though I paid a high price, it turned out to be the worst trip ever. I think I was clearly racist from the front desk, bellboys, waiters and other hotel staff. Because they were amiable to white customers.
Employees working in such a hotel understand the feeling of wanting to strike."
What travelers say:"Service was excellent and definitely felt safe throughout. Hotel location extremely convenient as situated along the walk of fame. Cocktails were great. Will stay at Roosevelt Hollywood again if we ever visit LA in future!"
What travelers say:"Service was excellent. I flew into LA well before my check in time and I was able to do early check-in rather than wait for the usual check in time. Checking I was a quick process."
What travelers say:"Love the hotel! Historical building with gorgeous interior. Rooms is spacious. Location is central. Room is not very modern but has everything you need. Also service is friendly and allowed me to check in earlier! Was a great experience!"
What travelers say:"If you are lucky enough to be allocated a room away from the elevator, then I think it will be very comfortable. In the room next to the elevator where I lived last time, people often walked back and forth and spoke loudly, which was greatly affected. This time it was okay. The surrounding area is generally safe, safer than most places in dtla."
What travelers say:"This hotel is one of my favourites in Los Angeles to stay at as it’s located next to two decent shopping centers, is Beverly Hills adjacent, has efficient valet parking and the rooms are kept in good shape and tidy. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to ensure you have a great stay. Although the rooms are not big, and the room phones take time to master the bathrooms make up for it as they have a decent setup and good quality amenities."
What travelers say:"Long waitt for shuttle pick-up at airport! Bed was comfortable, air conditioning was good. An average 3 star hotel needing upgrades. Would not recommend this place for a vacation stay!!!!! Plastic cups & paper cups????"
What travelers say:"The room is big and clean which is good. They provide a fridge, which not many hotels do. But the body wash bottle was empty, this should be checked carefully. Oh they do provide a 24/7 gym."