Trip.com's "Popular Hotel" rankings are based on actual sales, user browser behavior and real rating data. High ranking Popular Hotels are updated daily to provide users with real-time guidance.
1. Trip.com's "Popular Hotel" rankings are based on actual sales, user browser behavior and real rating data. High ranking Popular Hotels are updated daily to provide users with real-time guidance. Popular Hotel rankings do not accept nominations. The rankings operate freely and fairly with no fees charged. The rankings display hotels tried and tested by users that received all-round praise, representing true customer choice.
1. Hotel popularity: Based on real sales data and real user browsing behavior in the last 90 days.
2. Hotel rating: Based on real guests rating the hotel 4 or more out of 5
3. Dynamic updates: Changes to a hotel's popularity and rating data are checked daily, and are implemented in the rankings lists.
1. Fall in popularity: 90-day sales have dropped within the last 24 hours and hotel is not among the top 15 competing hotels.
2. Fall in quality: Negative reviews have increased, ratings have dropped, or ratings are less than 4 stars.
3. Poor practice: Rankings will be reduced if spot checks or reports performed by Trip.com reveal that the hotel has interfered with user reviews or has falsified bookings.
What travelers say:"The hotel was very well located in the heart of downtown New York in financial district. Subway within walking distance and 9/11 memorial downstairs. The only thing not pleasurable was the breakfast in the morning not available noted that I had a reservation with the breakfast included. The hotel acknowledged their mistake and tried to help thou I hope they did fix it by now. "
What travelers say:"Extremely attentive staff, super cleanliness, comfort, spacious spaces, excellent location. Safe neighborhood on the Hudson with parks. It was a perfect choice for our family, we will choose it again next time."
What travelers say:"Very good location and stuff very friendly. Simple breakfast and not much variety. Taste more suite to local, not foreign visitor. 1 of the elevator was break down and not fix even after 6th days we stay there and it cause massive inconvenience during peak hours. Have to wait 15 to 30 mins just to get down to lobby from our room."
What travelers say:"Location is great, our room view is awesome ! (27th floor) Doorman is friendly and useful.
We reach the hotel in the morning but early check-in are not allowed. So front staff asked me to pay deposit and check-in later (4.00 pm). When I’m back the hotel, other front staff asked me to pay deposit again. But I told her that the hotel already charged me in the morning. She still confirms that there are no record in the system. I also proved her with bank msg on phone. After manager comes and re-check again and my case is ok. And deposit (200$) will be return after checkout (about 15 days for international bank). It s on pending now.
Hope there are no issues for my deposit again.
Another point is hotel parking, it is renovated right now. But you can find another parking nearby. And location is great , subway is very close.
Im really like this hotel :) "
What travelers say:"Located right next to major subway lines, i.e. Times Square stations, PABT. The breakfast is good with many selections but can get crowed if you come late. Staff are very friendly. Room size is better than average for NY standard. Will definitely come back."
What travelers say:"Excellent location quite near to Time Square. The room was not big but spacious enough to put a small luggage and still be able to walk around.
The bed is large and very comfortable, had the best sleep during this sleep which helped me recover from the jet.
1. The sink drain is not installed properly, which doesn’t allow the water to drain away fast enough causing buildup. Quite disgusting when you are shaving, washing etc. when the dirty water doesn’t go down fast enough.
2. This one is not necessarily something Holiday Inn can control, but there is consistently some homeless ppl, ppl that look like they are on drugs outside the hotel. Also the sidewalk isn’t particularly clean.
Now I wasn’t particularly bothered by #2, but could totally see ppl coming to NYC for the first time being turned off, or feel unsafe and choose not to stay here. Something for the hotel to think about."
What travelers say:"The cleanliness and comfort of this hotel raise significant concerns. During our room inspection upon check-in, we discovered someone's fake eyelash stuck to the wall and a stray strand of hair on the bedsheet. Clearly, the housekeeping was not performed meticulously. Furthermore, the air conditioning unit, situated right next to the bed, emitted loud noise and frequently switched between fan and cool modes, causing annoyance. The pillows provided were practically non-existent, being extremely flat and offering no support whatsoever. We also had to endure a constant beeping sound from the dishwasher, despite reporting it to the front desk and being assured that a technician would investigate—yet no one arrived. As a result, our rest was severely compromised. Adding to the inconvenience was, the room lacked a telephone, necessitating a trip to the front desk for any needs. Additionally, essential toilet amenities were absent, except for shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, and a minuscule bottle of moisturizer. The absence of bedroom slippers was compounded by a dusty floor. It is perplexing how the hotel's website claims that "Mint House combines the classic comfort of home and the modern luxury of a hotel..." considering these circumstances. Furthermore, with the exception of one female staff member during check-out and Joshua, who works in the fitness area, the front desk staff were generally unapproachable."
What travelers say:"I really love the Element. My boyfriend and I used to stay there all the time and it was really nice to visit again. The only thing I don’t like about the hotel is the elevators. At some points 2 of the 3 elevators were broken and we had to walk down 36 flights of stairs twice during our stay. But they did have a complimentary happy hour so that did take the sting out of it a little 😂"
What travelers say:"Booked for the boss. The rating is very high. The room is big. It is very safe to live here. Booked for the boss. The rating is very high. The room is big. It is very safe to live here. Booked for the boss. The rating is very high. The room is big. It is very safe to live here."
What travelers say:"Central location near to Metro station and walking distance to Central Park. Hard Rock Cafe located along the same street. Doesn’t look like 4-star hotel and quite old. Would be better if room rate can come with complimentary breakfast."
What travelers say:"Price was very reasonable for this area, everything was clean and tidy, however they didn’t even come with free bottle of water, toothbrush and etc. Also the attitude of some staffs were not that polite, but some staffs were very nice."