Ramada Suites Zen Quarter is conveniently located in the popular Darwin City area. The hotel offers guests a range of services and amenities designed to provide comfort and convenience. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms, 24-hour security, daily housekeeping, laundromat, fax machine are there for guest's enjoyment. Each guestroom is elegantly furnished and equipped with handy amenities. The hotel offers various recreational opportunities. Ramada Suites Zen Quarter is an excellent choice from which to explore Darwin or to simply relax and rejuvenate.
Hotels in Darwin
Weather and Best time to travel to Darwin
Darwin often termed as a "laid back" city is a popular tourist destination for most Australians. Located in the northern territory of Australia, it is surrounded by the most beautiful beaches and lush green national parks. Its relaxed culture is ideal for outdoor activities, camping, sports, and barbecue. The city usually witnesses two seasons in a year - the dry season and wet season. Most ' things to do in Darwin' are recommended during the dry season, which usually lasts from May until October. The temperature ranging from 21 degrees Celsius to 31 degrees Celsius makes it the ideal time to travel to Darwin.
Airport in Darwin
The Darwin International Airport, the only airport in Darwin city, is located on 1 Henry Wrigley Drive, Eaton within the northern suburbs. Unlike Australia's metropolitan cities like Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth. Gold Coast and Canberra that offer a variety of public transports such as trains, trams, buses, and taxis, Darwin provide only public buses and private taxis/cabs. Getting from Darwin to Darwin airport could take about 20 minutes by car and 30-40 minutes by bus. The airport is about 12 kilometers from Darwin's city center.
Transportation in Darwin
Regular visitors use public buses to commute from Darwin Airport to various locations using the 'Tap and Ride Card' that could be a weekly or multiple trip pass. It is the cheapest mode of transportation that costs AUD 3-7 one way. They can be recharged online or at British Petroleum (BP) stations using EFTPOS/debit cards. Bus drivers can also recharge the cards. However, the only mode of acceptable payment is cash. Tourists also have the option of availing 'Airport Shuttle Bus Service' which is available 24/7 and can be booked online costing approx. AUD 18 per person one way. This is a cheaper way of getting around the city as compared to hiring a taxi. Hiring an Uber (cab) from the airport to the city center costs around AUD 30 and is a cheaper option as compared to hiring private cabs. Uber requires you to pre-book a cab either by making an online payment by card or paying cash to the driver at the end of the trip. Lastly, private taxi hire services can be booked at the airport with car rentals such as Budget, Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Enterprise, Thrifty, and many more.
How to get to Darwin
Darwin is located in the Northern Territory of Australia, far away from most Australian cities. Interestingly, when traveling to Darwin from India or other Asian countries, it takes lesser time to reach Darwin than say Melbourne or Sydney. There are well-connected flights from most Asian countries to Darwin but not many direct flights. A feasible way is to book a flight to major Australian cities and catch a domestic flight to the city of Darwin. Domestic travel in Australia is cheap, particularly if you book well in advance with airlines such as Tiger or Jetstar. A return journey flight ticket from Melbourne to Darwin would cost about AUD$ 480 if booked a month in advance. It takes approximately 4 hours, 20 minutes to reach Darwin from Melbourne or Sydney by flight. Youngsters who prefer road trips can perform south to north journey by a car that takes about 58-65 hours. Trains are not well connected to Darwin from most Australian cities except Adelaide. It takes two nights by train to cover a distance of approximately 3000 kilometers from Adelaide to Darwin.
How much are hotels in Darwin
Darwin Hotels are available for tourists and regular visitors, depending on their affordability and preference. Darwin hotel deals are up for grabs if booked well in advance.
1. Hilton Darwin - Located at a walking distance from Darwin City Centre with a view of Darwin Harbour. Priced at AUD 220 per person per night, it offers 5-star services.
2. Mandil Beach Casino Resort - Located on the Mandil Beach about 2.5 km away from the City Centre, this hotel falls into the 5-star category priced at AUD 240 per person per night.
3. Mantra Pandanas Darwin - Located about a km away from the Darwin Waterfront Precinct, which is one of the major Darwin attractions. It is a 4-star hotel priced at AUD 120 per person per night.
4. Ramada Suites by Wyndham Zen Quarter Darwin - Located about 3 km from George Brown Darwin Botanical Gardens and Mindil Beach that are considered to be Darwin attractions. This 4-star hotel is available for AUD 126 per person per night
5. Frontier Hotel - Located close to the Mandil Beach, this 3-star hotel is one of the cheap hotels in Darwin available for AUD 79 per person per night
Darwin Tourist Information
Top tourist attractions in Darwin
The city of Darwin has hosannas of tourist destinations to offer ranging from beautiful gardens to clean beaches.
- Mindil Beach: Known for its sunset markets hosted mainly throughout the dry and peak season, tourist can book their stay with Mandil Beach Casino Resort located on the beach, which is one of the Darwin hotels.
- Darwin Waterfront Precinct: Things to do at the Waterfronts include Harbour Cruises, Shopping, Sports, Recreation Lagoon, Parklands, and public art, Stokes Hill Ward, and Wave Lagoon. Darwin hotel deals can be availed at the Mantra Panadanas which a km away from the Waterfronts.
- George Brown Darwin Botanical Gardens: Nature lovers explore plants, seasons, and territory history. Ramada Suites by Wyndham Zen Quarter Darwin being one of the cheap hotels in Darwin is located close to the gardens.
Top food places in Darwin
Australia is a diverse country and extremely multi-cultural. Restaurants and cafes offer all sorts of cuisines - 'you name it, and we have it.'
1. PM Eat and Drink Darwin: Served in Tapas style cutlery, this fine dine-in specializes in local seafood. The restaurant offers a great ambiance and is located in the heart of the City Center.
2. Hanuman: Some butter chicken, mate? Australians have special taste buds for Indian and Thai curries served with Asian accompaniments. This South-East Asian restaurant offered authentic decor and located in Darwin city.
3. Alfonsino's: Serving Italian delicacies, the restaurant makes some of the tastiest woodfired pizzas for dinner and offers Italian coffee, bread, breakfast, and pastries during the day. The 'little Italy' is situated in the heart of the city.
For more details on how to book Darwin hotels, visit Trip.com