The 4-star Auckland City Hotel offers comfort and convenience whether you're on business or holiday in Auckland. The property features a wide range of facilities to make your stay a pleasant experience. Service-minded staff will welcome and guide you at the Auckland City Hotel. Each guestroom is elegantly furnished and equipped with handy amenities. Enjoy the hotel's recreational facilities, including fitness center, before retiring to your room for a well-deserved rest. Auckland City Hotel is an excellent choice from which to explore Auckland or to simply relax and rejuvenate.
Hotels in Auckland
Weather and Best time to travel to Auckland
With the tag of being the most populous urban area in New Zealand, Auckland is a large metropolitan city in the North Island of New Zealand. Home to the largest Polynesian population, Auckland is diverse and multicultural. Due to its geography and rich natural resources, the Maori language name for Auckland means "desired by many''. Auckland extends to the Hunua regions in the north-east with Manukau Harbor to the south-west, Hauraki Gulf to the east, and Waitakere Ranges on the west and north-west. The landscape around the city is covered with rainforest and dormant volcanic cones. Auckland is also one of the cities that has two harbours on two different water bodies. The central urban area is settled on an isthmus between the Waitemata Harbour on the Pacific Ocean and Manukau Harbor on the Tasman Sea.
With a subtropical climate, the city has mild damp winters and warm, humid summers. The city has an average daily high temperature of 23.7 °C in February and an average low of 14.7 °C in July. The maximum temperature ever recorded is 34.4 °C, and the minimum is −3.9 °C. The best time to visit Auckland is from March to May and between September to November. These months are usually sunny and moderate in temperatures. The beauty of the days in the city is usually experienced in the mornings, and you will be living in an urban area with hiking trails, beaches and holiday islands just 30 minutes away from the city.
Nearby Airport in Auckland
A major transport and commerce hub in New Zealand, Auckland city, is bustling with cafes, restaurants, ethnic eateries, and some famous restaurants. The two harbours make fresh seafood available, which is a specialty of the city. Not just the city, but the entire Auckland area is full of things to do and see. Auckland Airport, the busiest and largest airport in New Zealand, is located about 26 km south of the city centre and is located near a residential suburb, Mangere. Auckland is connected to 26 domestic and 49 international destinations in North and South America, Asia, Oceania, the Middle East, and Europe. Getting to Auckland from Auckland airport will take around 24 mins through State Highway 20, and you can take a bus or a taxi. You can take a taxi from the 24/7 operating taxi stands, and the indicative pricing will be between AUD 35 to AUD 75.
Transportation in Auckland
Auckland has buses and trains operating throughout the city and the region. The timings will vary according to the area you are travelling in, but the services are operations between 6 am and 11 pm. The fares are decided on the distance you will be commuting and the different travel zones. The buses accept cash payments, but you will have to buy prepaid tickets at the counter on the station of the trains. Locals suggest that you can buy an AT Hop card which can be used in buses, trains and some ferry rides too. One of the best transport options to travel within the city limits is to take The Citylink Network bus. Since Auckland city centre sits between two harbours, Ferries are a popular option to explore the area around the Haruki Gulf and the scenic islands around. Taxis are also a popular mode of transport in the city but regarded as slightly expensive. The locals suggest using cab aggregators to save some money.
How to get to Auckland
Auckland Airport is the second largest airport in Australasia. It is well connected with flights flying in from 40 destinations around the world with 30 international airlines like Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Thai Airways, etc. servicing travellers. From the eastern shore of Australia, Auckland is only a 3-hour flight away and is a 10-hour direct flight from Singapore, Tokyo, and West Coast of USA. Flights from Singapore to Auckland cost between AUD 500 to AUD 1400. Flights from Seattle also start from about AUD 400 and can go up to AUD 5000. The flight rates are going to vary depending on the duration between booking date and travel date and overall demand.
How much are hotels in Auckland
Enter a world of modern urban living and natural wonders while you stay at one of the hotels in Auckland. Each type of accommodation will have different amenities and will come at different price points too. Book Auckland hotels well in advance to strike a good deal.
- 5-Star Hotels - Some of the most appealing and luxurious experiences will come at 5-Star Auckland hotels like Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, Hilton Auckland, Cordis Auckland, and The Grand by SkyCity. The price differs according to season and demand but usually ranges between AUD 100-200.
- 4-Star Hotels - The city of Auckland boasts of some luxurious 4-star hotels like M-Social Auckland, Ponsonby Manor, Four Points by Sheraton, and more Auckland Hotel deals at not too high price points. The 4-Star hotels also cost between AUD 80-200.
- 3-Star Hotels - The Sebel Auckland Manukau, Ellerslie Palm Motel are some of the 3-Star properties that are popular amongst tourists and come at a price point of AUD 65 to 100.
- 2-Star Hotels - If you are looking for cheap hotels in Auckland, you will find the Ibis Budget Auckland Airport at around AUD 40 and some other cheaper options like Kiwi International Hotel, which costs around AUD 35.
Auckland Tourist Information
Top Tourist Attractions in Auckland
With harbours, volcanic cones, museums, and activities for the thrill-seeking ones, Auckland has something in store for everyone. While there are many things to do in Auckland, here is a list of the few most popular ones.
- Auckland Sky Tower is the most popular amongst Auckland attractions. Standing tall in the skyline of the city, this tower is a telecommunications and observation tower with certain levels open for the public. You can find New Zealand's only revolving restaurant on the 52nd level at the height of 190m from the ground.
- Waiheke Island is a popular attraction near Auckland. With word-class Vineyards and curated unique eco-tours, Waiheke has something for everyone. Indulge in taking a dip in the ocean or ride a jet-ski on the beautiful beaches.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum will give you insight into the natural & military history of the Auckland region. With exhibits dating back from 1852, the museum is also a neo-classicist style iconic building the city.
Top Food Places in Auckland
The city centre will have you spoilt for choice for restaurants. From a quick bite to fine dining, there are options for everything in the city centre.
- The 1947 Eatery in Auckland CBD serves some specialty cocktails and Indian Fusion cuisine with terrace seating and contemporary music.
- Located right opposite the Waitemata Harbor, this bakery and restaurant are popular amongst the locals and tourists.
- Set up in a warm brick-walled setting, Apero will give you an authentic New Zealand Cuisine experience with a large selection of Wine.
Travel to Auckland, an urban area with dormant volcanoes and beautiful harbours and beaches with Trip.com to experience reliable and easy travel with 24-hour customer service. Trip.com is an exquisite travel partner you need to try when you visit Auckland.